An update --- Sorry it's been awhile

iVillage Member
An update --- Sorry it's been awhile
Thu, 06-12-2003 - 10:30pm
I'm sorry I haven't been around lately. We have been so busy and had so much on our minds. We were sick for about 4 weeks with some kind od virus going through our entire family. I got a bad sinus infection and a throat infection I couldn't get rid of. Anyway, we have had a hard time with snowflaking and not charging. Everything I have paid in payments has been eaten up by more debt. Unfortunetly it was most quick trips to the grocery or take out because I was too sick to cook and dh was working 24 hours on 24 hours off for 3 weeks. Anyway, things are looking up for us. We found out today that dh will be getting a significant severance payment from the Army when he gets out at the end of July. It's a medical discharge so they pay 2 times his current monthly pay times the number of years he has been in. It will be enough to pay our highest credit card. Our van payoff and to put a 5% down payment on a house. Dh also received a letter of offer from the job he really wanted. Dh will also be getting about $1000 per month for the rest of his life through the VA. It's so wonderful to see the light at the end of the tunnel get brighter and brighter. I cannot believe we are going to go from being $26,000 in debt to being $5000 in debt in 8 months. Plus we will have equity in a home. We feel so blessed that he was able to find a job in a market with so many people out of work. I hope those of you still looking will find the right job soon. I think of you and your dh's often!!

I just wanted to share or good new and wish all of you something just as wonderful to pull you through! Thanks for being such a great supportive board!

Nikki

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-13-2003 - 9:55am
Wow Nikki, what good news after such a bad few weeks!

I'm not sure where you live, but there's a certain kind of pollen here in New England, it turns everything it lands on neon green. That particular pollen affects me so badly, causing the same things, sinus infections, dizziness, nausea. One year it even caused my throat to swell and almost close, and I had to go to the emergency room.

I'm so glad things are turning around for you monetarily. Good luck to you and your family after your DH retires from the military. When my DF left the Army (before we met), he didn't adjust to civilian life very well, but he's rebounding now.

All the best,

Lee Ann

Lee Ann

www.werenotafraid.com

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-13-2003 - 10:54am
I'm sorry you and your family have been sick.

That is great about seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and that your DH was offered basically his dream job! That is fantastic. I'm happy for you!

Becky