Doing okay for myself today, sort of

iVillage Member
Doing okay for myself today, sort of
Fri, 06-13-2003 - 1:01pm
I am TRYING to not spend on a couple items that are my spending TRIGGERS....so far, so good this month. I stopped in a gift shop before I came here to the library (but should really have not have had to) to work on my job hunt (some peace and quiet, no distractions like housecleaning and TV!), and I almost bought something, but I REMEMBERED that I have an event coming up that is more important to me, so I put it back.....a small victory for me!!!!! Yea for me!

HOWEVER......I had to make copies of my resume, and I got charged an arm and a leg for them, but it had to be done.......ugh!!!!! No, I didn't c h a r g e them.......paid CASH....well, actually DEBIT CARD (the GOOD plastic!) !!!!!

Littlesbigs

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-13-2003 - 1:11pm
Is there a workforce center near you? They have so many different names but it use to be the old unemployment offices, most places have them...anyway, you can usally get free copies made if you are actively looking for work.

I can't remember but are you or were you on unemployment?? What sort of job are you looking for??? Do you want a resume critique??? In case you forgot, employment assistance is my current job.

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-13-2003 - 1:23pm
Hi, Chinadoll! I am still on a severance package payout, and I have really not been actively looking until now. I have a lot of work ahead of me to get set up in all those job boards, and I have the info for a reeemployment group that meets bi-weekly. I haven't been laid off before, so the whole job hunt after layoff thing is new to me. I was laughing when I recently found my very first resume typed on a manual typewriter! It was good enough way back when, but, wow, how much the Internet has changed job hunting!!!

I hadn't thought of having the copies made at the unemployment office.....I'll have to check that out, thanks!!!!

I think my resume is okay.....I have had a postive reaction to it so far by consulting companies, but there is not much out here right now for IT folks with my experience consulting or full-time. BUT, I have just begun to look. I told SO last night that I don't have the right to get depressed yet because I haven't been looking long and hard enough yet....but the news just keeps sticking the grim economy in our faces everyday....so I can't escape some of the group depression.

Thanks for writing back to me! Littlesbigs

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-13-2003 - 2:40pm
What locations are you looking at? I get lots of employment postings, maybe I have one in your area.