Father's Day is Sunday

iVillage Member
Father's Day is Sunday
Fri, 06-13-2003 - 1:11pm
I thought I'd start the discussion about Father's Day since no one has brought it up yet.....What are you planning to do? What gifts are you giving? How does it all keep within your budgets as you try to not create more debt?

Perhaps after Father's Day y'all can share your stories, too!

Littlesbigs

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-13-2003 - 1:18pm
Well after last night, DH is getting nothing!! LOL He was ina bad mood and upset, well more like jealous because lately I have been the one everyone has been asking to have sub in bowling for or go to tournaments and it used to be him!

Poor man, he hates his job (he is not adjusting well to life without the military) has a wife who is kicking his butt in bowling (when it used to be the other way around) and getting nothing for Father's Day!

Actually, we have a bit of extra money this month and DH is a huge sports fan, so I have agreed to getting direct tv - installation is only $15, you get 2 months free and the monthly cost is only about $6 more than our cable. In our family if we needed to cut something for bills, I think my family would agree to living off of bread and water rather give up our TV.

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-13-2003 - 2:01pm
I renewed my football freak's Sports Illustrated subscription for another year, and he needs an alarm clock desperately. He is not a morning person and just cannot wake up and motivate. I work nights and can sleep four hours and go all day (and I'm 17 days from my delivery date of our new son!). Opposites attract, eh?

Tanya

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-13-2003 - 4:10pm
Every yr one of dh's aunt's has a "Father's Day Picnic" at their house so we will be going over there. I have my dad, my FIL, and dh's grandfather, however, there will be no gift giving, I have gotten them cards though. We are doing good just to keep our head above water.

Michelle

signature 2008