I'm ready for whatever...

iVillage Member
I'm ready for whatever...
Tue, 06-17-2003 - 4:28pm
Hi everyone,

I made a very big mistake. I sent in my payment to catch up with my mortgage but, I was a little short. I sent it in hoping that my direct deposit would clear before the check would. If it didn't my bank would still cover it up to a certain amount. (overdraft protection.) Well, a check that was returned some time ago before I got the overdraft was redeposited while I've been trying to scratch up all I can for the mortgage making me short even more. Over my overdraft protection amount, the mortgage check tried to clear yesterday and my deposit went in today. I called the mortgage company and told them and the person I spoke with couldn't tell me if they redeposit it or return it because we are now considered in default but, she did make a note that the funds were available. I called our lawyer and he really was not much help just said to wait and see what happens. I am still one more payment behind that I was planning on catching up in July because the way our payroll falls I get three checks that month instead of two.

Has anyone had this happen before? We currently in bankruptcy and fell behind on our mortgage. This was supposed to be our catching up time. And it seems like we blew it. So, now I am ready for whatever. I hope that they accept my payment. But, I am not going to stress over it anymore.

I'll keep you updated.

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-17-2003 - 4:35pm
Big prayers and positive thoughts coming your way that your mortgage company simply re-deposits your check, and there are plenty of funds to cover it. And that your lawyer becomes a little more sympathetic and helpful...

Lee Ann

www.werenotafraid.com

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-17-2003 - 5:19pm
I did that before with car payment. The bank told me they usually put it through 2 times..If it doesn't clear the second time then they won't redeposit it..so you should be okay. I feel for you completely..we are so behind right now and just can't catch up..Good luck..Teresa