New and looking to make myself accountab

iVillage Member
New and looking to make myself accountab
Wed, 06-18-2003 - 10:56am
Hi everyone:

I am new here and looking to make myself and DH accountable for our actions! This morning, I put the cc's in the freezer and added up the totals. I am not officially freaking out but know we can do it day by day if we dont use those stupid cc's. We have 37k in student loans and 18k in cc debt. YUCK but thankfully we are just making it although not able to put a ton of extra on the ccs. I put a plan together and we should be out of this mess in 3-5 years. I have put plans together before though and they haven't worked which is why I decided to join this support group. I have resolved to post here daily to update ya'll on the situation. that way, I will feel guilty if I charge more!

On the upside, I just had the most beautiful baby boy 4 weeks ago so that gives some positive outlook to this otherwise awful situation we have gotten ourselves into. I was so depressed previously about all this debt but this precious gift has definately given me something to live for and motivation to get out of this debt hole.

Looking forward to talking to you!

Jen

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-18-2003 - 11:32am
Welcome to the Board Jen! We're very glad to have you here. Congrats on your new baby - what a terrific reason to get rid of debt. :)

All my best,

Danni

All my best,
Danni

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-18-2003 - 12:05pm
I know what you're dealing with. I don't have any kids, but my husband and I have about $19,000 in cc debt that we're struggling with. We can make the payments each month, but we can't save any money, or do anything except sit around the house. I had to take all the cards and hide them so we wouldn't use them.

I just want it all to be gone! Keep up the plan, don't use your cards and good luck!

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-18-2003 - 4:50pm
Your making the best first step...stop adding to the debt. Hope you can keep out of the freezer!! I had to cut mine up..... i just didn't have the will power :)