Fraudulent Charges!

iVillage Member
Fraudulent Charges!
Thu, 06-26-2003 - 7:57pm
My bank sent out 2 debit cards last month to me only one made it here!

guess where my other one is. 30 miles north of me around kalamazoo mi.

he/she has drained my business account over 100 in charges it looks like a mc but is a debit to my account, while we were talking with the bank another charge came up for gas at speedway.

She I am putting a block on it right now!

Now I have to go to the police dept in kalamazoo friday file a report get the information go to my bank get the charges removed for overdraft, hopefully don't have to drive to paw paw to get a report done there that is 2 hours a way.

Right now who ever it was, is stupid I got a phone number on my statement of one of the charges, for software to them they are tracking down the order so when I go to the police I will have a name and address.

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-26-2003 - 8:34pm
good luck, i hope this is straighten out soon.

mym

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-26-2003 - 9:20pm
Oh sweetie. I am so sorry! I hope everything works out OK. Although your story is awful, thank you for posting and reminding us about the dangers of debit cards.

Ms Joe

Ms Joe
CM Ms Joe Cool
Senior Community Moderator
moneylifecm@mail

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-26-2003 - 9:32pm
This happened to me a few months ago. Somehow they got my debit cad # and booked a nice trip from Detroit to Chicago on me, wasn't that nice of me. My credit uniion called me on Monday and said, you weren't in Chicago this weekend were you? Ummmm no why!!! Crazy. The money came out of my account for ten days and then they just put it back in. I was really poor for those ten days!!! I didn't have to deal with the police luckily, my c.u. did everything.

Good luck, I am sure things will be fine.

Rebecca J.

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-26-2003 - 9:41pm
More hugs.

Ms Joe
CM Ms Joe Cool
Senior Community Moderator
moneylifecm@mail