DH finally saw the light!

iVillage Member
DH finally saw the light!
Sat, 06-28-2003 - 2:15am
Wow...my DH FINALLY realizes that we have to start paying off our debts! He has agreed to an allowance of $20 for 2 weeks for food. If he runs out, he has to bring food from home. This man, if I didn't nag him, would spend hundreds a month on going out to eat with his buddies. He has agreed to put his paychecks into savings.

Once I go back to work, I will have tons of overtime work. We have decided to use the overtime money and apply it all towards debt.

I know that we can be totally out of debt by the end of this year if we stick to this plan. I will definitely keep posting here because you guys are all so awesome and you keep me in line!

Have a great weekend!

lvhunnie

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-28-2003 - 9:58am
I'm really happy for you! Now that you have cooperation, some of the battle is won! I wish you the best of luck as you work together towards your goal!

I had a conversation this week with someone in the same kind of problem you had with convincing your DH that debts need to be paid. What finally brought him to this realization, if you don't mind me asking? My friend's husband just has brought their family to its financial knees...it's only a matter of time until the last straw does break the camel's back for them. The husband spends uncontrollably...can't get him to understand he needs to stop spending and start paying it back.

Littlesbigs