Need to raise $ to get thru to next pay

iVillage Member
Need to raise $ to get thru to next pay
Sat, 06-28-2003 - 2:29pm
Hi there,

I don't have enough cash to get thru to next pay check (10 days). I am new to this program and trying not to debt. In the past I would have gotten a cash advance from my credit card. I need about $300. to manage. Any ideas?
iVillage Member
Sat, 06-28-2003 - 2:38pm
What do you need $300.000 for?

Do you really need a whole $300?

What are you willing to sacrifice until payday?

Do you have anything to sell?

Does anyone you know need a babysitter?

Do you have anything you bought recently you can return?

Notice I didn't suggest you ask anyone for a loan......You'd be debting (Bank o' Mom)

Just my ideas........Best of luck! Littlesbigs

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-28-2003 - 3:20pm
Thanks for your response. The $300 is for the mortgage so I can't defer it .I will look for things to sell!
iVillage Member
Sat, 06-28-2003 - 3:31pm
oh, the mortgage! I understand what you mean! I hope you can throw a yard sale together for tomorrow or find something that will sell quickly! Best wishes! Littlesbigs
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-30-2003 - 10:36am
Hm...the other suggestions (garage sales, babysitting) were good ones. Can you offer to clean the house(s) of a friend or a family member, or do their yardwork for some extra cash? If you find you have extra time during work hours, what about showing up at one of those day labor agencies where they pay you that same day?

Quite honestly, since it's your mortgage...you have to pay first the things they can take away from you, like your house and your utilities and your cars. If there's something ELSE you can wait on besides the mortgage - credit cards or some other kind of consumer debt - do it and get that mortgage paid. If you're really stuck and end up being late, just make sure you contact your mortgage lender and let them know your situation. If YOU take the initiative to contact THEM, they'll do almost anything to work it out with you. If you wait until they have to contact you, they're not so willing.