Inspiration

iVillage Member
Inspiration
Sun, 06-29-2003 - 10:01pm
We watched "Catch Me If You Can" last night and it was a very good film. In it, the main character's father told a little anecdote that I'd like to share with you:

"Two mice fell into a bucket of cream. The first mouse struggled for awhile but quickly gave up and drowned. The second mouse kept on struggling and he worked so hard that he churned that bucket of cream into butter and walked right out."

Which mouse are you??

On another note, I am wanting to remodel my kitchen this summer and so have been visualizing receiving the funds to do so. I had an intuition that I would receive some sort of generosity for this. Well, last week I got a $300 bonus at work, an offer to fill in playing piano at a church 2 Sundays for $75 a Sunday, and yesterday I got an escrow rebate from my mortgage co. of $250! I'm telling you, keep praying and thinking positive thoughts about your situation...it really does pay off!

Ozbound - "Basically on my way to Australia"

CL for Bud

iVillage Member
In reply to: ozbound
Sun, 06-29-2003 - 10:29pm
Hey Oz! I'm so glad that the funds for your kitchen remodel are finding their way to you - I think that's so terrific.

I just saw Catch Me If You Can last week as well - I'd like to think I'm the 3rd mouse - the one who didn't fall into the bucket in the first place ;-) tee hee.

Have a great evening,

Danni

All my best,
Danni

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-30-2003 - 9:34am
Oz, this is incredible! You reminded me how important it is to be in a spirit of abundance, and not lack. Thank you, and I can't wait to hear about your kitchen.
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-30-2003 - 12:54pm
Wow, good for you! It's funny how postivie energy has that effect. It's amazing how we have always scraped by, but we have. lol BTW, I like that movie! Like the story too! lol

Michelle

signature 2008

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-01-2003 - 12:07pm
Yeah, Danni, I'd love to be the "3rd mouse," too, but I think that since I'm here, I must be that 2nd mouse! hee hee hee

Ozbound - "Basically on my way to Australia"

CL for Bud

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-01-2003 - 12:32pm
I'm glad the funds are coming your way. It's always great when things like that come along.

DH just told me that he got an e-mail from a church in a few towns over that need their computers fixed. This will be extra cash for us and if you read my check-in you know we are getting way down to the wire. I have no idea how much it will be or if he will actually get the job but it's nice that his "reputation" for repair is spreading. :) I was confused as to how they heard about him. One of the people who's computer he fixed is the wife of the head of our denominations area association, so they basically know all the local churches. Just another way that God is providing for us when we need it and from areas that we have no clue about. :)

Becky