Made my tradeoffs

iVillage Member
Made my tradeoffs
Mon, 06-30-2003 - 9:42am
Hi everyone!

Well, this weekend I made our spending plan. It reduces our cc debt from its current high of $5,000 to about $1700 at the end of the year, and if all goes as planned, it will be paid off in March.

I'm a little disappointed because we had planned to remodel our kitchen this summer, and decided we should wait to do that (or only do the floor, if we can get it done for the money we budgeted) until our CC debt is paid off. I'm disappointed because my kitchen is really gross and I want to change it, but I'm also relieved - because we agreed that getting out of debt is more important than any 'things.' It feels like a weight off my chest, I hadn't even realized how much the knowledge that I was headed down the wrong path WEIGHED!

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-30-2003 - 11:39am
Good for you! I know it's tough to wait for things, but it is better to pay things off first. I wish I always followed that advice!! My kitchen is gross too, but it's a rental, and I know they aren't going to fix it, so I have set a new date to try to have my cc debt paid by so we can afford to move!!!
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-30-2003 - 1:13pm
Unfortunately I own my gross kitchen - but, there's nothing about ugly things that is going to kill me between now and when we can take care of it. And it's much more important that this credit card debt go away, than anything I could possibly buy.