I'm a mess

iVillage Member
I'm a mess
Tue, 07-01-2003 - 1:39pm
Okay...I been on a financial rollercoaster as I'm sure most of us here are. I am working really hard to pay off my debts but then I get hit with my insurance and found out that my vehicle registeration is going up 3 times as much as last year. So there it is $1100 plus I have make up, thus putting my journey to being debt-free to a hault once again. I hate this. The only light at the end of the tunnel is that my car should be paid off by next year, so that's $400 to add to my debts instead of going to my car. I am trying to realistic and realize that I will take me like 2 years to be debt free, but at least I know where I want to head. Thanks for all the encouragement and great advice!

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-01-2003 - 2:02pm
Wow, that's expensive registration. Have you looked into

the value of your car? If it's worth more than you owe you could

sell it for something cheaper and avoid the registration fee.

Is it $400 a month? How about something for $200 a month or so?

Don't worry, you'll get there! I totally know how it feels to go two steps forward

and one back. But at least you are making progress!

And like you said, knowing where you want to go is half the plan.

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-02-2003 - 2:27pm
Lurker here. By the looks of your name, it seems you are in CA like me. There seems to be some confusion over car registrations tripling. I'm not totally positive, but from the reports that I've read it sounded like the fee that is tripling was only the VLF (vehicle licensing fee) part of the registration- not the entire registration which consists of several fees. The article I saw estimated that the average car registration would increase by 60% not the 300% the media is hyping it as. Still, that's a pretty big increase and it really stinks.

Good luck on paying off your debts, it sounds like you are on the right track!

~Vickie