Help!
Sat, 11-08-2008 - 12:33pm

Hello,

Did anyone before surgery have blood work and meet with an

iVillage Member
In reply to: cha_cha02
Mon, 11-10-2008 - 1:48pm

Hi!

I didn't have any blood work or meet with the anesthesiologist before surgery. My PS gave me a quick over view of what was going to happen, but said that on the day of surgery, I would meet with the anesthesiologist and he would go over everything. And that is what happened. Day of surgery - After the doctor did all his markings on my chest, he explained again, what he would be doing. Then the anesthesiologist came in and spent a nice long time, calmly telling me everything he would do and what I was to expect. It was very informative and he made me feel at ease. I was worried before surgery what would happen and he put my fears to rest, so to speak!
Best of luck to you this week and let us know how you are doing when you feel up to it.

Nancy

iVillage Member
In reply to: cha_cha02
Tue, 11-11-2008 - 2:02pm
Yes I had blood work done a week before surgery and talked with a nurse who went over lots of details for me and took a medical history so this sounds pretty standard to me. I did see my PS before surgery but it had been quite a while since my initial consult.

Katie :)

Community Leader- Breast Reduction Message Board