BR before pregnancy and post breast size

iVillage Member
BR before pregnancy and post breast size
Mon, 11-10-2008 - 1:12pm

Hi ladies,

I am 32 years old and have a 2 year old. My breasts are driving me crazy, bras are so expensive my back and neck both have bulged discs now so I have made the difficult decision to undergo Breast Reduction in January. My insurance has already approved it. I am a 34G/H on the left and a DDD I think on the right. I will probably have one more child in the next few years but am worried about what the pregnancy will do to the size of my breasts. I have accepted the fact that I might not be able to breastfed or at best make enough to keep up for a full supply but I am worried about the latter question. So I wanted to ask those out there who have had surgery and had children afterwards how there breast size changed long term. I know it can go up at least one cup size during pregnancy but wondered long term what size. My surgeon says I will be an avg C after surgery!

Any advice you have is always welcome!!

Brandi

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-11-2008 - 11:21am

Hello,

A girl at work had this surgery 2 years ago and had another child after the surgery, she gained about 80 lbs while pregnant alot of water weight,

Sandy
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-11-2008 - 1:48pm

Hi Brandi and welcome to our little board. I hope you will find the ladies and there posts helpful to you. I honestly don't know much about size after pregnancy, your PS would probably have a more concrete answer for you.

Katie :)

Community Leader- Breast Reduction Message Board

Katie :)

Community Leader- Breast Reduction Message Board

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-14-2008 - 11:54am

Hi Thanks for sharing your story. That really encourages me to go ahead with the surgery now b/c I know that I will be in less pain and also be a better mother!!

Brandi