Why can't people keep there mouth closed

iVillage Member
Why can't people keep there mouth closed
Sun, 11-16-2008 - 9:31pm

HI Everyone,

I have to say that I was so happy That I have a date for my BR it is January 13th that I have had a huge smile every time that I talk about it.

Well That was tell we went to my husbands Aunts house yesterday and one of his cousins said she know someone who had a BR and now was not proportioned right for her body and then his aunt said the same thing about someone else.

Know I am all nervous and have 2 more months to go.

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-17-2008 - 4:22pm

Your PS will tell you what will look best on your body. If you are comfortable and happy with him/her, trust what they say. I have heard very few negatives on these boards about proportion size. I think the big thing is, people are so used to seeing us one way for so many years, it is hard to accept the change. I have also encountered negative comments from some big chested women and I think it is a little bit of jealousy...
I weighed 190 and was a 40DDD at the time of my surgery. The PS took me down to a 38C and I have to say, it was a perfect fit. Still have nice boobs, but smaller, more manageable and definitely perky!! I now weigh 162 and my boobs have stayed the same, so some weight loss does not really affect them.
There was someone on here who insisted she go down to an A cup and her PS was against making her so much smaller, but she insisted and stuck with her decision and she is thrilled with her smaller girls. She is a great example of taking the bull by the horns for how you want yourself to look. YOU alone are the one who has to live with the "beasts" and the fact that your husband is supportive is awesome.
Good luck and feel free to vent on here; there is always someone to help.

Nancy

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-18-2008 - 8:45am

Hi Nancy,

Thank you so much.

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-18-2008 - 8:36pm
Yay a surgery date! always happy to see those. People are always going to have there opinions ignore them it is your body and you want to feel comfortable in it. I stand about 5'3 and had a huge 40 DD chest. I think the breaking point for me was when a friend of mine asked me to be in her bridal party and my dress ended up having to be a size 18 just to fit around my chest and my bra had to be special ordered since the bridal shop didn't carry my size. The dress hung off me and it was close to 300 dollars in alterations to get it to fit. Now I am a 38c and things fit so nicely. If you are worried about be proportionate ask you PS his or her opinion on size. That's the best piece of advice I can give you. Please keep us posted with how you are and if you need to rant and rave we are always here for you.

Katie :)

Community Leader- Breast Reduction Message Board

Katie :)

Community Leader- Breast Reduction Message Board