4 More Days Until The Big Day!

iVillage Member
4 More Days Until The Big Day!
Thu, 12-18-2008 - 12:34pm

HI EVERYONE,

WELL 4 MORE DAYS TIL MY SURGERY! COULD ANYONE TELL ME WHAT THINGS

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-18-2008 - 6:11pm
I made sure that I had plenty of laundry done ahead of time and I also went food shopping right before surgery and bought lots of pre cooked and easily prepared meals on hand since you are not going to feel like cooking. Also get some books and favorite magazines

Katie :)

Community Leader- Breast Reduction Message Board

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-19-2008 - 2:24pm
Katie pretty much covered most of it. I had a little table next to my chair with all the goodies I would need to keep close by. The one other thing I would add is lots of pillows in different shapes and sizes. If you can't get comfortable in bed, like most women can't after surgery, you will be glad for pillows to prop around you in an easy chair or recliner. I slept in my recliner for the first week and it wasn't so bad with all the pillows and my favorite blankie! The worst part was trying to work the mechanism on the chair to get up and down, but I figured out a way to climb out of it when no one was around. You will also want to take a pillow for the ride home from the hospital to prop in front of you for the bumpy roads.
I used sheets of non stick gauze around my wounds as I found the maxi pads itchy. When I was healing up, I wore cotton t shirts under my bras and that made it very comfortable.
Just remember to rest and listen to your body!!
Merry Christmas and best of luck!!
Nancy