BR surgery Dec 8, still in pain

iVillage Member
BR surgery Dec 8, still in pain
Sat, 12-20-2008 - 9:16pm
I had breast reduction and a bit of lateral liposuction Dec 18, 12 days ago. My PS and many Websites said I would only have pain for 3 or 4 days. Not so much. I am still taking pain killers 12 days later. And I cannot find the right bra. I finally started using rolled flat cotton sheets inside the bra over the incisions and it feels somewhat better. I have everything from extreme sensitivity, burning, sticking pains and overall soreness. I am still really happy I did this, but I am getting really depressed. Looking for anyone else who had pain two weeks out and bra suggestions. Thanks! Sheri
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-22-2008 - 11:45am
I think everyone heals differently, it took about a month for my pain to go away. And still a two months later I have sharp pains at times, just know it was SO worth the pain and itchiness!! I think the lipo is where the pain was for me(at the sides) I still have numbness but my scares are healing very nicely, good luck in your recovery!!!
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-22-2008 - 4:28pm
I had pain for a month or so but slowly it decreased. If it is so intense the that you can not sleep or function I suggest giving your PS a call otherwise I agree everyone heals differently.

Katie :)

Community Leader- Breast Reduction Message Board

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-22-2008 - 8:36pm
Thanks so much for the response.I will just be patient because I think it will be worth it. At least I am not crazy! Sheri
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-22-2008 - 8:42pm
If I take pain med at bedtime I am able to sleep through the night...and I have been going out again. I saw my PS today. He feels everything looks great. I am down to three meds a day now. Thanks for the response. I can live with a month! --Sheri
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-23-2008 - 8:08pm
Your welcome for the response. Happy to help that's what the board is here for!