New to boards, 4 days post-op!

iVillage Member
New to boards, 4 days post-op!
Mon, 12-22-2008 - 10:08am

Hi everyone,

I found these message boards when I was 2 weeks pre-op and really nervous. They helped re-affirm my decision and made me feel better that there are other people dealing with the same boob issues out there!

I had my BR surgery on thursday morning and am now 4 days out, and feeling better every day. I'm very swollen and bruised, and despite the "franken-boob" appearance I can tell that once they heal will look pretty normal. I am 26, 5'10, 165, and used to be a 36H. I put off the surgery for a while because I was an athlete and didn't want my recovery to affect my training (also annoying since i used to wear two sports bras and HATED running), which was also something that helped me put it off so long, since I stayed pretty healthy.

Anyway, I am someone who never had stepped foot in a hospital before last week, so didn't know what to expect. I'm happy to answer any questions anyone might have! Thanks all for being so supportive of each other.

-starboard7

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-22-2008 - 6:01pm
Hi Star I am so glad to hear that you are doing well and you have found these boards so helpful. Please continue to keep us updated on your progress.

Katie :)

Community Leader- Breast Reduction Message Board

Katie :)

Community Leader- Breast Reduction Message Board