What really matters

iVillage Member
What really matters
Mon, 12-22-2008 - 12:44pm
I've been scarce here, not even reading, but I remember someone posting about the psychological aspect and I wanted to post something my partner said. We were standing in front of the mirror after showering and he asked if I like my new breasts. Well I pointed out that, in only going to a B not an A cup as I'd hoped, the stretch marks around the bottom of my breasts from nursing my son are still there and the skin lays a little funny near one end of the sideways scar. He asked "But do your shoulders, neck, or back hurt anymore? That's what's most important." And then he did something affectionate :D
so yeah, they don't look *perfect* but the pain is certainly gone

Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling mom to a

Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling mom to a 11yr old hydrogen molecule.

Follow me to these boards:

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-22-2008 - 4:23pm
I agree Joelle. When it comes down it the stretch marks and the scars really don't matter compared to the pain and misery that we went through before surgery.

Katie :)

Community Leader- Breast Reduction Message Board

Katie :)

Community Leader- Breast Reduction Message Board

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-22-2008 - 4:42pm
for the most part, I do remember that, but having my partner's reminder sure helps :D lol I'm considering getting my nipples pierced and was thinking of talking to the tattoo artist at whatever place I get pierced about getting tats working the scars in

Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling mom to a

Love and Light, Joelle

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-22-2008 - 9:34pm

I'm the one who posted the message you were referring to. Thanks so much! I am really starting to realize that I alone am the one bearing this weight. If someone is only with me for my boobs then what use are they?

I scheduled my PS consultation for 1/7/09. I'm getting excited. If all goes well (with insurance, etc) I'll be picking out normal size bikinis for summer....right?!

Have a happy holiday everyone!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-22-2008 - 10:36pm
I am extremely lucky that my partner supported me, even when at first I was determined to go down to an A cup.
You very well could be. Every woman does heal a bit differently. I'm 4 months post-op and I'd guess many women wouldn't want to be in a bikini with the level of scaring I still have, but then I have a very difficult outlook from the norm on such things :D
but lol, it was funny that it took my partner to remind me that it was the pain I was trying to get rid of, not get into perfect little breasts

Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling mom to a

Love and Light, Joelle