Mon, 12-29-2008 - 9:03pm

HI EVERYONE,

I HAVE NOT BEEN ON IN AWHILE AND JUST CATCHING UP,

Sandy
iVillage Member
In reply to: rensan1995
Tue, 12-30-2008 - 11:04am
Hi Sandy!
Wow you are only a few weeks away from the new you!! I am so excited for you.
My PS suggested my new size for me, from looking at my frame, etc. I was a 40DDD and went to a 38C, no problem and it is perfect for me. I still wanted to have some boobs and if I wear a nice Victoria Secret bra, they look wonderful or I can just kind of hide them away in a sport bra. My surgery was 18 months ago and I still smile everytime I see my girls in the mirror! They are looking straight at me and not at the floor-LOL!!
I think it sunk in for me the first time I saw them. I took my BFF with me, since my husband had a business meeting, to get the drains out and bandages removed. She saw them before me and even though she never really saw the old me, she had a huge smile on her face and I knew they were good. When I saw them, despite all the dried blood, stitching, etc., I could have cried for delight. The first time I could button a shirt without it pulling apart; cross my arms under my boobs, wear tank tops and cute bras; all these things culminated to make me realize how happy I was. I stood straighter, walked prouder, my shoulders finally felt free, my back and neck stopped hurting, exercise was now fun and easier...so many things.
Within that first month you should find so many positive things, that you will be amazed.
Just be careful when you start feeling good, about week 2, that you still take it easy. Overdoing it will result in soreness and swelling. You don't realize how much you use your arms for everyday things and driving was the worse for me the first week back. But it's all good now and I know it will be wonderful for you too!
Best of luck and keep us posted!
Nancy
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-30-2008 - 12:32pm

WELL HELLO!

THANK YOU FOR WISHING ME WELL! MY PS TOLD ME THAT I SHOULD TAKE AT LEAST 3 WEEKS FROM WORK BUT THATS BECAUSE IM A BUS DRIVER AND I USE MORE OF MY ARMS TO DRIVE. IT MAY BE LESS FOR YOU

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-30-2008 - 12:40pm

OH YEAH I MORE THING IT IS WORTH IT! GOOD LUCK!

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-01-2009 - 9:56pm
Hi Sandy, Happy to hear from you. P.T. is going quite well thanks for asking. I am now only having pain in one place in my back now which the psychical therapist says is a sign of progress. I should be done with it by now

Katie :)

Community Leader- Breast Reduction Message Board