Update on my grandbaby to be here soon

iVillage Member
Update on my grandbaby to be here soon
Sat, 01-10-2009 - 11:37pm
Hi Everyone, Betty here otr may 17,2007. My daughter has been put on bedrest for 1 month. she is having some contractions and has dialeted 1 centimeter.
the baby is a boy and he is gonna have long arms and legs. She will be 32 weeks next wed and she goes every wed to the dr now. The dr wants to try and keep him in there until 35-37 weeks. She will be 35 weeks on feb 4. He was due on march 11. So please keep us in your thoughts and prayers for the next few weeks. They are gonna name him Cooper Jack Aldridge. The middle name is after her dad that is deceased. I was so shocked when she tolkd me the middle name she said mom are you gonna cry, and i said don't think so i am in shock. I will keep everyone up dated . I have another mamagram in march and see the ps again the end of april. He may go in on the right one and take out the scarred tissue. We will discuss that when i go back. good luck to the up coming br's this month. I just wished that i had done mine years sooner and not carried those beasts around for so long.
sincerely, Betty
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-12-2009 - 3:52pm
Hi Betty,
Sorry to hear that your daughter is having some complications, but I am sure Cooper Jack (love the name) will wait until the right time to make his appearance. Prayers and good thoughts are with your daughter and him. His middle name significance is really cool and brings a tear to my eye (I am very sentimental!!)
My last mammogram/ultrasound was very unnerving; I mean I was sure that the spot was scar tissue, but all the fuss, makes you think while you are lying on the table waiting for the doctor to tell you the results. They feel I can wait a year until my next mammogram and don't feel it is necessary to remove the tissue. I was afraid that would be something they wanted to do, but no. Wondering what makes different PS's decide to remove it or not. Did your PS say why he wants to; is it a big area? Seems like we have similiar problems with the tissue, but it sure is a small price to pay for the amazing luxury of our new girls!!!
Nancy
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-12-2009 - 7:09pm
Hi Nancy, Thanks so much for the support. I know when the baby gets here it is gonna be so emotional for me and jamie both. Her dad passed away 22 years ago on sunday jan 11. I told her that her dad is watching over her and the baby and all will be fine. She told me that the day of her baby shower she sat down and cried cause her dad wasn't here. I lost my dad in sept of 2003. So it is really gonna be hard cause they are not here with us. I do another mamagram in march and see the ps in april. Our deductible has gone to $2,000.00 so i may not be able to afford for him to go back in and take the scar tissue out I will just have to wait and see. I will keep you informed about jamie and the baby. she goes back to the dr on wed.
Betty soon to be grandmaw.
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-12-2009 - 8:56pm
You are both in my thoughts and prayers please keep us all posted!

Katie :)

Community Leader- Breast Reduction Message Board

Katie :)

Community Leader- Breast Reduction Message Board