Add to: Pre-Op & Post-Op LIST! : )

iVillage Member
Add to: Pre-Op & Post-Op LIST! : )
Mon, 02-09-2009 - 7:36pm

Preparing for surgery & for ease in healing:

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-12-2009 - 2:25pm

Preparing for surgery & for ease in healing: (COPY AND PASTE)

* bring a pillow for the car; also various size pillows for at home to lean on, sleep on, prop up on, etc.

* have stool softners ready to go!!!!!!

* gauze - I used the non stick kind. It was soft and well, didn't stick to the area.

*pads - Stayfree, Kotex, etc. I found these to be itchy and preferred the gauze. Once healing was well under way, I wore men's cotton tank t shirts between my bra and skin. Very cushioning and also helped keep bra clean if anything was still oozing a bit. (looked a bit funny, but I didn't care as it felt good)

* meals prepared & frozen

* cups/plates reachable level; also phone, remote, books, nearby and drinks in smaller containers (you don't want to be lifting gallon jugs the first week)

* frozen peas - (conform to area that needs to be covered and I used them when I overdid it and felt sore and a bit swollen; usually on the sides and under my arms.

* Bromelain & Arnica Montana supplements (? what is this?) (not sure about these??)

* I also recommend getting up occasionally, once you are home and walking around. Helps from getting stiff, sore back and changes the scenery!! If your weather is nice and you can go outside, all the better to suck in some fresh air!!

* Button down shirts or zip hoodies. You won't want to raise your arms over your head the first week.

Hope these help anyone. I am sure there are some more recommendations - Ladies?
Nancy

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-16-2009 - 12:10am
Also just little things to ease your mind while your recovering. I made sure that all our bills where paid up and that we had plenty of clean laundry since we don't have a washer and dryer in our house. Good job Nancy once again. Thank You.

Katie :)

Community Leader- Breast Reduction Message Board

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-16-2009 - 3:46am

Twice I have purchased the Kenmore?

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-19-2009 - 1:10am

Thanks for the washer/dryer idea.