Am I having regret?

iVillage Member
Am I having regret?
Wed, 02-18-2009 - 3:12pm

Hello ladies out there,

I am new to using message boards and only recently looked into them as I was preparing for surgery.

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-19-2009 - 1:17am
Hi, I am sorry to hear that you are having a hard time.

Katie :)

Community Leader- Breast Reduction Message Board

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-19-2009 - 11:36am

Hi!

I have to say when I read your post, the whole first paragraph you wrote, could have been written by me. I had my surgery in August 2007 and do not regret it one second. It was hard to adjust to the sight of these new girls. But once I started healing and could wear normal bras and tank tops and work out without 2 bras on, I was good to go!! It took awhile for my nipples to look normal, like you, they seemed so perfect and round and odd. But now after all the healing is done, you can't even tell. The line down from them is so faded and the scars underneath, while not the prettiest, are not really noticeable. I do still have some weird numbness on the sides, but the nipples have plenty of sensation. I always liked to exercise but was very limited as to what I could do, cause those beasts got in the way. Now I take yoga and even started adding some light running into my walks.
Most women, when you talk to them after surgery, will say that one of the first things they notice is their belly. I too, was like where has this been hiding??!!!
Among all our friends, I was the girl with the big boobs and many were envious of me. I told them not to be cause of the strain of carrying them around wasn't fun. Well now they are envious again cause my girls are perky and round and not droopy. (he-he) I have splurged on Victoria Secret bras. I finally feel sexy again in a bra; something I haven't really felt since my 20's! (I am 50)
It does take a while to get used to the new you. My husband just loves the handful now, no waste he says, and was very supportive through the whole thing which really helped me.
When you look in the mirror, look at you, not your breasts. I know, you feel like they have defined you, but they don't anymore. Let yourself feel free and define yourself through your great personality,inner beauty, etc. Believe me I know exactly how you feel, but you did the right thing and will soon realize how great it is and come to love your new girls.
Keep us posted on how your are doing and positive thinking!!!!

Nancy

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-04-2009 - 8:52pm

Hi there,

thank you for your response, it was what I needed for sure.

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-05-2009 - 1:17pm

I thought the PS did liposuction on the sides, but he explained to me the other day (I am 1 week post op now) that the ins. co. won't cover it if he uses liposuction, but it's not necessary, because he has the area open and he can SEE the fat, and remove it w/ a scalpel.

I've heard to use the vit E too... and to start rubbing at the incisions in a week or two to break up any keloids/scarring lumps.

Did you tell your PS that you wanted to be as small as possible?

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-06-2009 - 2:45pm

Hi~

Yes, I have a little of that. It kind of is like a little rolled under batch of skin. Not the most attractive, but I don't mind. It sure beats the way things were!! The puffiness and swelling really does take a while to fully go away and as you get more active, some swelling can occur.
I just recently had the same sort of problem with bra fitting. I had my surgery 19 months ago and since healing have been wearing a 38C. Well I have lost some weight and thought I could go to a 36C, but the sales girl convinced me to go to a 36D and now I find some puckering in the cups. So I went back and got a 36C and it works for me. Sometimes my new girls just don't fit the standard! Don't really worry about the cup letter or size. If you are happy with the new you, just make sure you feel comfortable in your bra. The measurements are a guide line and I let the pushy sales girl win.

I started using the vitamin e with cocoa butter lotion as soon as my PS said it was okay and was faithful with it. I think it really helped with the healing and scars. I used the thick butter in the jars at first. Just soften it up in between your hands. Then after a few months just used the lotion and still do at times. Most of my scars are very faded.

Good luck!
Nancy

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-08-2009 - 8:44pm
Sizes can be very different at different stores. I fit into a 38c at most stores but when I went to Victoria Secret I measured a 38d. I

Katie :)

Community Leader- Breast Reduction Message Board