new here-3 days post op

iVillage Member
new here-3 days post op
Thu, 03-05-2009 - 2:14pm

It is so nice to see a board on here about breast reduction. I had my surgery on monday , and have been feeling pretty good. I really didn't have a shock of how little they are . I am trying to deal with how they look. I took a shower yesterday and was mortified. I am trying to tell myself that I just had it

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-06-2009 - 2:53pm

Congratulations on having the surgery!

It does take a while for your breasts to come into their real shape. I know I was a also a little put back at how they looked, especially my nipples, but soon the scars fade and soften and you will love it. Be patient and be careful not to overdo. Listen to your body; when it's tired, you should rest. I am sure once you get moving around and back into your routine, you will see how much better you feel without the big beasts on you. I know I stand straighter now and have been told how happy and taller I look.
Keep us informed of your progress. We're all here to share and help.

Nancy

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-08-2009 - 8:37pm
Hi and welcome to our little board. I remember my first shower very well and the "Fraken

Katie :)

Community Leader- Breast Reduction Message Board

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-08-2009 - 9:18pm

Thank you both. It has been almost a week and either I am getting used to them or they are starting to look a little better. I am going to have to talk to my PS when i go back on Thursday, because my right

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-10-2009 - 6:27pm
Your welcome that's what this board is here for.

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-26-2009 - 5:17pm
I had a quick question... Are you able to drive back from the hospital on your own? Or do you need someone else to drive for you??
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-27-2009 - 1:39pm
You will need someone to drive you. The anesthesia stays in your system for quite a while. You will still be very groggy. Plus I was told not to drive for the first week, at least. And when I did start back to driving, I had forgotten how much you use your arms, and I was sore!
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-27-2009 - 1:47pm

Nancy,

Thanks so much for the information you are providing me.... I am staying overnight in the hospital... so will I still be groggy the next day?? I really dont have someone to drive me back... so I guess i am going to take a cab...

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-28-2009 - 10:32am
I didn't want my partner to look at my chest until several days after the drains had been removed. I was interested in intimate touching well before I was comfortable with him actually seeing them with the light on. It took quite a few weeks for my swelling to go down so I had "torpedo boobs" and that embarrassed me.

Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling mom to a

Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling mom to a 11yr old hydrogen molecule.

Follow me to these boards:

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-28-2009 - 9:49pm

I wasn't lucky enough to stay overnight. I think you will still be in a bit of a fog the next day; not alert enough to drive.

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-29-2009 - 4:13pm
I was an over night patient I was not allowed to drive home the next day. I don't think they are going to let you take a cab either. I think they will want