im scared... BR is scheduled on the 23rd

iVillage Member
im scared... BR is scheduled on the 23rd
Wed, 03-11-2009 - 5:37pm
i will be having my surgery on the 23rd.. BR and lift.. im so scared... i really need a lot of positive feedback.. please help and pray for me..

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-12-2009 - 3:30pm
Hi,
It is so normal to be scared. I mean this is major surgery. But if you feel good about your surgeon, your decision and your family supports you, this is a good thing. I, too, was very scared and almost backed out a couple days before. I was feeling selfish about going under the knife and all the slight possible complications seemed magnified to me. But my family and friends kept encouraging me, reminding why I was doing this, that I wasn't selfish to want to look better, feel better and be relieved of back and shoulder pain and, well they went on and on and I knew they were right. It took me a couple years to get up the courage to investigate this surgery and once I started to, I got real excited. I have talked to so many women, here on the boards and other places, and they all say they never regret a minute and neither do I. Even some of the ladies that had setbacks, say it was still all worth it.
My experience after surgery was not bad at all. I got a little sick from the anesthesia and constipated, but my pain was never bad, I healed really well and 19 months later, my scars are barely visible and my girls are still perky and amazing!! It is so great to wear pretty bras, exercise without pain, walk tall and proud, cross my arms UNDER my boobs and not across them, not have my boobs be the first thing people notice on me....I could go on and on.
I am sure you will have an easy time of it. Just remember to listen to your PS and your body. After surgery, take it easy, rest often, don't overuse your arms, and most of, enjoy the new you!!!
Write again if you have any questions.
God Speed!!!
Nancy
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-12-2009 - 6:49pm
Hi it's perfectly normal to be scared before surgery. I was surprised that I had any hair left by the time surgery day came along. Like Nancy said I do not regret my decision to have the surgery on bit. Yes it's major surgery and yes it does take some time to heal but in my eyes it was 100 percent worth it. There have been a few board members here since I have been CL that have had some minor complications (nothing major thank god) but they have healed up fine and are happy with there decision as well. Of course we will be here for you, and

Katie :)

Community Leader- Breast Reduction Message Board

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-13-2009 - 12:17am

I don't feel like this is major surgery.

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-17-2009 - 1:29pm

thanks for all the positive feedback.. a few more days and it will be my time under the knife.. : ) im 26 years old but i've been dreaming going through this since I was in HS. i am really having a hard time now, because it's too heavy.. my back is always aching and sometimes i get rashes underneath. im here in the philippines so the weather is almost always hot.. and

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-17-2009 - 1:39pm
thanks katie.. i feel a lot better now.. i will have my "before" pictures taken tomorrow and my PS will check on my lab results to see if im good to go.. although there's one more thing on my mind which I can't make up yet.. im a 36DD right now and just wanted 34B or C. ( i can't decide ) im 5'3, im medium built but my PS says I have a small frame. my friend told me that 34 B will be too small for me but my other friend told me that it's ok coz there may be a tendency to get bigger if I gain weight. Did yours changed? I mean the size? i can't make up my mind yet and I need to decide soon.. : ) thanks again katie!!
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-17-2009 - 1:46pm

I saw a picture of someone just after the surgery with her drains still intact.. it's scary.. she said she has an alien boobs.. : )

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-17-2009 - 2:27pm
You are so welcome! Before you know it, you will be wearing those cute tops and bras.
Please let me know how you make out and remember we are all sending you positive vibes and happy thoughts!!
This time next week, it will all be behind you!!
Nancy
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-17-2009 - 2:40pm

oh yes i will.. i will update you on my post op.. yeah.. i can't wait to wear those tank tops.. : ) my fiance is coming home from the states to be with me on surgery.. im so touched..

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-18-2009 - 2:09pm
I only had the drainage tubes in for 24 hours and then they came out. They were under my arms and you really couldn't see them unless I raised my arms, which you shouldn't do anyway. For me that was the most painful part of surgery. That area was sore for a couple of days. The rest wasn't bad at all, just kind of achy.
I am sure it will be a little bit of a shock for you boyfriend, as it was for my husband, but they will adjust quickly, especially once they start seeing how much better you feel without those "beasts" anymore!
I can't answer your question about gaining weight and changing sizes after surgery, but I have lost about 28 pounds since mine and they really haven't changed. Mine are a size C, from a DDD and I think for me it is perfect. I have medium size frame. You might find the B cup really an adjustment, but it totally is what you prefer. I don't think the C is that big and when I wear a sports bra, they seem even smaller. But you make the final decision.
Good luck and positive thoughts!!
Nancy
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-18-2009 - 9:56pm
Hi I am glad you are felling a little better about the surgery. I was your age when I had my breast reduction just about 2 years ago now and I have but on a few pounds. My breasts have stayed the same size. I went from a 40 D/DD and now I am wearing

Katie :)

Community Leader- Breast Reduction Message Board

Pages