I can't believe I was approved!

iVillage Member
I can't believe I was approved!
Thu, 03-26-2009 - 9:03am

I cannot believe my insurance approved my breast reduction surgery.

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-26-2009 - 10:55am

I totally understand what you mean... I am in the same boat.... I have just been approved... and well... As excited as I am... I really worried..... my breast are a part of my sexuality and I am worried that I will not find myself attractive afterwards.... BUT saying that I have wanted this reduction since I was 17 - ish.... I want to walk into a room and the not have my breast be the first thing ppl notice....

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-26-2009 - 10:56am
Hi Brook!
First I have to say, I love your member name!! It is what we all strive for on here! I got mine in August 2007 and have never regretted it for a minute. Went from a 40DDD to a 36-38C. It is the best decision I ever made for myself. No more back aches, headaches, shoulder pains, deep grooves, huge ugly minimizer bras....etc...
Now I can exercise, take yoga, wear pretty bras, tank tops, the buttons CLOSE on my shirts, I can see my feet, I can cross my arms under my chest, instead of across it. So many positives and really no negatives. Well maybe one...where did that big belly come from? It was hiding under the shadows of my boobs. I have managed to get rid of some it, but that seems to be a constant thing with many women after surgery, where was this gut hiding?!?!
Anyway, good luck on your journey. Ask lots of questions of your PS and here. Great women on these boards and a wonderful leader. Keep us informed!
Nancy
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-29-2009 - 4:31pm
Hi Brook, Welcome to our little board. I am glad that you have found our posts (and Nancy LOL) so helpful. Thank you so much for the compliment Nancy.

Katie :)

Community Leader- Breast Reduction Message Board