Pre-Surgery Anxiety

iVillage Member
Pre-Surgery Anxiety
Thu, 04-16-2009 - 5:28pm

My surgery is less than two weeks away (April 29th).

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-17-2009 - 10:05am

Hi Brooke~

It is so normal to feel anxious about the surgery. If you are like me, I never faced surgery and really didn't know what to expect, plus I had a bit of guilt that I was putting myself through the surgery for strictly selfish reasons. Which maybe it is selfish to want to feel better, walk straighter, exercise easier, not have grooves in your shoulders, not have back/neck pain and to just want to look better! If you would like, I would love to talk to you on the phone. Might be easier than trying to type all the stuff. Here is my email address, bluestrk76@verizon.net, and I can give you my number or you can give me yours and we can chat. Totally up to you.
Exercising sure helps me release stress and while you are exercising, think about how those things are in your way, and think that a couple months down the road, how much easier that exercise will be. Even walking!!
Anyway, would love to hear from you.

Nancy

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-17-2009 - 5:06pm
Hi Brooke, you sound so much like me before my surgery. I was so nervous I was surprised I had hair on my head on the day of my surgery. On surgery day I was very calm however. I guess my feeling that day was lets roll. I was an overnight patient as well. Not many of us are held overnight. I was not that happy about it as well but in the end I think it was probably for the best. The nurses did a great job trying to keep me comfortable and I didn't spend much time in recovery I got to go into a regular hospital room and slowly wake up and then when I did I had my own TV etc. Please keep us posted and if you have any questions or concerns please keep us posted we are all here to help.

Katie :)

Community Leader- Breast Reduction Message Board

Katie :)

Community Leader- Breast Reduction Message Board