3 days post op and depressed

iVillage Member
3 days post op and depressed
Mon, 09-28-2009 - 11:52am

Hi Ladies,

I had my BR on Friday. Today I got to take the bandages off and get a shower. My breasts look like torpedoes(which I sort of expected)and I feel that I went to small with my size. I went from a FF cup to a C cup. I think they look so small because my belly looks so big.
Before I even got my surgery, my boss told me "Your stomach will stick out and you will feel fat, but the truth is, you ARE fat!"
I haven't been much of an exerciser because the girls always got in the way. Now I am dying to exercise because my belly is way to big.
Is this a normal feeling? do most women find the stomach that never seemed to be there before because the breast hid the big belly?

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-28-2009 - 4:09pm

Oh my gosh - you are going through what 75% of us did!! The dreaded "where did that belly come from" syndrome!! Honestly, it is something we have all gone through and when you are able to exercise, you will find that it starts to go away. I know I always liked to exercise, but really couldn't do it to my full potential cause of my beasts. Now I can exercise just wearing a simple sports bra. Just walking now will be easier on your back as the frontal weight is gone. I had someone tell me I looked taller, I guess cause I wasn't so hunched over anymore.
It will take a while to get used to the new you. Any depression, regrets, or negative emotions are so normal. The anesthesia plays a part in that as do the pain meds. As soon as you can get off them and onto just Tylenol, I recommend it. I found I slept better and my mood improved. Also in a couple days, try a short walk outside in the fresh air. That always improved how I felt. As the girls heal, you will see them take shape and I am sure you will find them so much more 'manageable'. I treated myself to my very first Victoria's Secret bra when I was allowed to wear them. That sure gave me a great boost!! I went from a DDD to a C and really feel like I have plenty. But I totally understand what you are going through. Your large boobs defined you for some many years, but now is the time to find something else to define you. Good luck and keep us posted on your healing.
Oh and by the way, your boss is a dope!

Nancy

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone. ~Reba McEntire
I keep the telephone of my mind open to peace, harmony, health, love, and abundance. Then, whenever doubt, anxiety, or fear tries to call me, they will keep getting a busy
signal - and soon they’ll forget my number.
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-04-2009 - 9:07pm
I am 9 days post op. I too went thru a deprssed feeling about 3-4 days out.....It does get better. I also "found" a belly....lol....its always been there but couldn't really tell because of the large boobs. So I too have got to really exercise...I have found a great diet that is working well for me....so hopefully alll will continue to go well. Just try to stay upbeat and it will improve.