9 days post reduction

iVillage Member
9 days post reduction
Sun, 10-04-2009 - 8:34pm
Hi everyone. I am new to the site. I am 9 days post reduction. I went from a 40DDD to most probably a small C. Which is what I wanted. So far I am happy with the way things are going. I do still have quite a bit of soreness....especially under my arms. Not sure if that is normal.?? I am gonna attempt to go back to work tomorrow(Monday)....should be interesting. My PS is pleased with how I am healing and is gonna take my stitches out on the 13th. I am still in a sports bra. Any suggestions on recovery???
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-05-2009 - 1:36pm

Hi littleboobies and welcome to the club of Little Boobies!!

Glad to hear that everything is going well. The soreness under your arms is normal and probably from over using your arms. Just be careful as you head back to work this week. Even just typing on the computer uses your arms more than you realize. I had soreness also and would put a bag of frozen peas under my arms and it helped the swelling and felt better. Just remember to take it easy and you should do fine!! You and I went from the same size to a C. I am 2 years post surgery now and still am amazed at my smaller boobs. I just love the freedom they give me, not to mention no more back/shoulder pain.
Once you get your stitches out and your PS ok's it, I would recommend rubbing some cocoa butter lotion with vitamin E on your chest. Really helped heal and make them soft and I think in the long run it helped with the scarring. All individual decisions, though.

Nancy

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone. ~Reba McEntire
I keep the telephone of my mind open to peace, harmony, health, love, and abundance. Then, whenever doubt, anxiety, or fear tries to call me, they will keep getting a busy
signal - and soon they’ll forget my number.
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-07-2009 - 9:52pm
I am now 12 days post reduction. I am experiencing tingling, burning sensation, and an overall soreness. I cant say pain as in hurts but it is uncomfortable.....any help???
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-08-2009 - 9:44am
I am having my surgery in 10 days, so I can not help with your questions. I do have a couple of questions for you. Did you go back to work Monday? If so, how did it go? Also do you have any tips for before/after surgery that might help? I will have some one with me for 2 days after surgery, then I will be on my own.
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-08-2009 - 10:01am

Hi~
The tingling and burning sensation are probably just your body healing. As it goes through this you will feel many different and odd sensations. Lots of us have what we call 'zingers', little twinges that are the nerves healing. The over all soreness is more than likely from overdoing it. I know it is hard not to, but try and give yourself as much rest; it has only been 12 days. Using your arms too much to lift, carry, type, drive, etc., can also be a big culprit in the soreness. Give yourself as much down time as you can, especially with your arms for a couple of days and see if that helps the soreness. I would put cold compresses on any areas that are sore. I used bags of frozen peas for this and worked very well.
Good luck with your healing and take care of yourself.

Nancy

I keep the telephone of my mind open to peace, harmony, health, love, and abundance. Then, whenever doubt, anxiety, or fear tries to call me, they will keep getting a busy
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-15-2010 - 7:32pm
Its been awhile since your surgery.. How did it all go in the long run.. DO you still like your new breasts.. Did you have a free nipple graft or did you not have to have the procedure. I have surgery in about ten days and am so nervous to make the right decisions.. I want a size large B , or a very small c from the surgery and may have to have the graft to attain it.. Im scared to have the necrosis of the nipple with it unattached.. Any advice?
iVillage Member
Sat, 01-16-2010 - 8:33pm

I had my surgery August 2007 and still every morning look in the mirror and smile. I have never once regretted having surgery. I did have a small set back around week 3 when I developed an open spot that I had to really take care of. But it healed closed in about a week to 10 days. I was never in a lot of pain;stopped taking pain meds the 3rd day. From then on I was just uncomfortable. Had some itching adn as the nerves grew back together, I would get some twinges, which were really strange.

I had my nipples removed and repositioned and made smaller. I am glad I did as they are perfectly proportioned to my breasts and he moved them up about 2-3 inches so they were looking out ahead instead of down low! They healed up really well and look very natural now.

I would say that by month 2, I was really well on my way; healing was going good and their shape was now evident, soft and rounded and perky.

I don't know of anyone who had nerosis of the nipple, so I don't think it's really anything to worry about. I know 3 people personally who have the surgery; different ages, different times in their lives and they all, like me are thrilled.

I now see ladies who could use the surgery and just want to pull them aside and tell them all about it. But I restrain myself as I would look a little crazy!!!

Good luck and let me know if you have any more questions/concerns!

Nancy

I

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-06-2010 - 4:02pm
Im now 9 days post surgery. All went well. My breasts are perfect, small, perky and look fabulous! I had lipo on the sides and it has been the biggest issue. Lots of bruising and swelling. I have a few lumps under my breasts from the swelling which I hope disappear soon. I have begun to have a small fever today again.. 99.5-100 . Dont know what this means? Hopefully nothing. I have been told to massage my sides from the lipo. Its hard to manage.. Hopefully I am doing it right. I struggled with what kind of bra to use and am now using a regular tube sports bra mostly. Its much more comfortable and does not cut into my insicions as the other front closure bras do now.. I am nervous mostly, to mess up my breasts, to do something wrong which might ruin them! My breasts are small.. A mid to large B now.. Its exactly what I wanted, and so I dont have to worry much about the bra holding them up, as they dont really fall anywayz since they are so small. Any advice on how to make sure all goes well from now on? I guess I will wake up one day and not be scared to hurt myself...
iVillage Member
Sun, 02-07-2010 - 8:56am

Congrats on having the surgery!! So glad to hear how happy you are with your new girls. It truly is a life changing surgery!
The first few weeks are the most crucial in your healing. Just be really careful not to over do it and over use your arms, especially since you had the lipo. I am sure the massaging is a good idea. It helps with healing and prevents scar tissue from forming. I had some form around my nipples, which shows up on the mammograms, but now they are used to seeing and it doesn't pose a problem.
Also, for comfort, I recommend a cotton tank t shirt. Like the kind you get in the mens department in the package of 3. I would wear them under my bra and it was such a nice cushioning and also helped with any seepage from your sutures. It did look a little funny but felt so nice!!!
Keep an eye on that temp. Also if you would feel and heat on your sutures, possibly could signal infection and call your PS. I am sure they told you about that. I think I was put on an antibiotic in the beginning.
Drink plenty of fluids and eat right and healing should go along well. Also if you experience any swelling, I used a bag of frozen peas and that really conformed to the shape of the area that was swollen or sore. Felt really good.
Enjoy those girls; sounds like you are.
Keep us informed how your doing and if you have any more questions!!!

Nancy