Recovery

iVillage Member
Recovery
Thu, 10-08-2009 - 9:06pm
My surgery is in 10 days. Yeah!
iVillage Member
In reply to: ladydlc
Fri, 10-09-2009 - 8:22am
Congrats and good luck! I can honestly say that I wasn't in alot of pain. Even the first couple days was not bad. I had someone with me for 2 days after my surgery and I went back to work after a week. Just take it easy, rest, be sure you eat and drink. Also, I dont know if your PS covered this, but after any surgery you should take a stool softener....cause you dont want to get constipated.....and surgery and pain meds will do that.. Button up shirts are easier especially the first few days, elevated up on pillows. Keep your incisions cleaned and bandaged according to your PS instructions. You
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-09-2009 - 8:54pm
Thanks for your reply. I had my pre-op appointment today. I found out that my first post-op appointment will be 4 days after surgery and I have a problem ... no one to drive me there. I am wondering if I could drive myself, as long as I am not on pain meds.
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-12-2009 - 2:03pm

As long as you aren't taking any prescription meds, and you feel up to it, you should be ok. Just take it easy. Try to keep your arms close to you as much as you can. It is hard when you drive; practice it now and you will be amazed at how much arm movement is involved. Luckily it is a short drive. I would just double check with your doctor or even ask the nurses what they think. I found they were a great source of info for me when I couldn't get a hold of the doctor.

Nancy

I keep the telephone of my mind open to peace, harmony, health, love, and abundance. Then, whenever doubt, anxiety, or fear tries to call me, they will keep getting a busy
signal - and soon they’ll forget my number.