Is this from having big boobs?

iVillage Member
Is this from having big boobs?
Sun, 10-11-2009 - 10:09pm

I haven't had my consult yet, but I'm excited so I'm thinking about it alot. One thing that's been bothering me alot lately is my neck. I'm not sure if it's from my boobs are not. I know big boobs can cause neck pain, but exactly what kind? My neck feels stiff and sore and cracks alot. I realized recently that this is a HUGE problem when it comes to exercising. My neck hurts all the time, nevermind when I'm trying to do pilates LOL. Has anyone noticed it easier to do those kinds of exercises after a reduction?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-12-2009 - 10:22am
My surgery is Monday, Oct 19. I have a lot of neck and shoulder pain due to large breasts and it also causes my neck to be a little stiff when I try to turn my head. I don't do pilates but I walk 4 miles per day. My back and neck ache during my walk due to being so top heavy. I notice that if I put my hands on my hips (in the back over my behind)
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-12-2009 - 11:42am
Thank you, and good luck on your upcoming surgery!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-12-2009 - 2:12pm

Hi!

Since having surgery, my neck pain is at a minimum. Now it is simply from working at the computer. Before it would bother me when walking or exercising. Now I can do both of these without the pain. My neck would get stiff and noisy, just like you said. Think of how your neck, shoulders and back aline to hold all that frontal weight. No wonder they ache and creak!! A male friend of mine saw me about a week after surgery and said I looked taller. I hadn't realized how hunched over I must have been from the weight. It is weird cause the first few days after surgery you find yourself still being hunched. My girlfriends daughter who was really huge, had the surgery and still walked with her arms way out to her sides. One day her mom said to her, Jenn, you can put your arms down now and she almost cried. She was SO used to not being able to do that cause of all the boob fat, that she hadn't even realized she was doing it. She too, stands taller and looks like a new person.
It has given me a new confidence in myself and at 51 I am in better shape than I was at 40, maybe even 30!!
Can't wait to see how you feel afterward. Good luck on this journey and keep asking questions!!

nancy

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone. ~Reba McEntire
I keep the telephone of my mind open to peace, harmony, health, love, and abundance. Then, whenever doubt, anxiety, or fear tries to call me, they will keep getting a busy
signal - and soon they’ll forget my number.
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-12-2009 - 3:12pm
Thank you Nancy :) That is soooo great to hear. I'm so excited to feel better, I really hope this works out. On the topic of holding your arms out, I think I look twice as big as I would otherwise because I hold myself that way. And it's always annoying in situations like movie theaters and airplanes where you have to share an armrest... I can't keep my arms in LOL. Anyway, thanks again for your response :) I will definitely update after I
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-03-2009 - 12:29am
Neurologist told me that the bulging disks in my neck are from the heaviness of my breasts.
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-03-2009 - 7:56am
Good luck on Thursday!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket