5 days until surgery

iVillage Member
5 days until surgery
Wed, 10-14-2009 - 9:04am
Well, 5 more days with big boobs. I'm not nervous about it any longer, but I have the feeling that I am forgetting to do something before surgery that needs done. I will be alone after the 3rd day. I'm wondering how long it takes to be able to move arms freely and how to treat scars. Did anyone use silicone strips on their scars? If so, did they help?
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-15-2009 - 11:33am

Oh my gosh, only 4 more days now!

To move your arms freely really takes a couple weeks. Even then, if you over do it with too much lifting, etc., you will feel a little sore. I was not able to return to aerobic exercise until 4 weeks and no weights until about 6-7 weeks. So that gives you some idea. Too much arm movement really does affect your healing, so you want to be careful.
As far as silicone strips, I didn't use them. I used cocoa butter with vitamin e, once I was allowed to. I think around week 3 or 4. Ask your PS, cause you want to make sure your healing is going along good before you use anything. Main thing is to take care of yourself the first few weeks by eating right and getting plenty of fluids. That helps with healing.

I am so excited for you. I am sure that you will be so thrilled with the new you! Just remember the girls will look a little odd the first couple of weeks while they start to take their shape and the swelling goes down. But you should notice pretty quick the relief from not having that weight!! I lost about 3.5 pounds of boob and that is significant when it comes to your back, shoulders and neck.

Good luck and keep us posted!!
Nancy

I keep the telephone of my mind open to peace, harmony, health, love, and abundance. Then, whenever doubt, anxiety, or fear tries to call me, they will keep getting a busy
signal - and soon they’ll forget my number.
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-15-2009 - 12:32pm
Thanks. I will post next week and let everyone know how things went.