Had my consult

iVillage Member
Had my consult
Fri, 10-23-2009 - 6:45pm

Today I had a consult with a plastic surgeon about getting a breast reduction. It went much better than I anticipated. Because of a history of blood clots, I was worried that it would be an automatic no-go. But after talking to me about the circumstances surrounding my clots, the doctor felt like I was still a candidate for surgery. Right now we have to convince my insurance to pay for it. She said that my particular insurance company can be a pain in the butt, which I believe because of how they are about so many things, including labs. They want to see a long history of back problems, which I actually have had. The doctor wants me to get a letter written from my chiropractor, and I offered to also get one from my PCP since he prescribed physical therapy for my back twice when I was a teenager. I'm kinda worried about the chiropractor though, because he's very holistic and

Photobucket

iVillage Member
In reply to: heket
Sat, 10-24-2009 - 10:00pm

Congrats on getting the first step under way.

The wait for approval can seem like forever, but it hopefully it will have a good outcome! I also had my gyno doctor write a letter of recommendation. She has seen me for years and knew of the complaints I had with my boobs. She had documented my complaints for years. So if you can, that might be another letter to get; the more the better!

Please keep in touch and let us know!! Fingers crossed!

Nancy

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-24-2009 - 11:23pm
Thanks Nancy! Getting a letter from my gyno isn't really an option since I've switched ob-gyn's quite a bit in the last 6 years due to having progressively more complicated pregnancies. I will update when I hear some news about the approval... keeping my fingers crossed :) I'm sure I will have a ton more questions when/if I do get approved.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-25-2009 - 4:54pm

So glad I found this message board!

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-25-2009 - 8:31pm
I'm nervous too, but it is pretty exciting isn't it? It took me a long time to realize I was ready as well. Have you taken any steps yet? I look forward to sharing in your journey as well :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket