6 weeks out

iVillage Member
6 weeks out
Thu, 11-05-2009 - 11:21pm
Hi all....I am as of tomorrow ( Friday) 6 weeks post op. Had to go see my PS....my left breast has a large hard knot in it just under the areola area. I tried massage....no help. PS told me it just takes time and we re-eval in January. Has anyone experienced this? What can I do. PS said not to keep massage it would make it irritated. I am gonna start with cocoa butter on the incisions. I am pleased overall. Thanks for listening.
iVillage Member
In reply to: littleboobies
Fri, 11-06-2009 - 12:12pm

Yup, I had that; actually still do over 2 years later. Although it has gotten smaller. I did massage for a while and sometimes still do. Simply it is scar tissue and some of us are destined to have it. The only drawback is when you get your first post op mammogram (if you are old enough to be getting them) it will show up. I have had 2 since and ultrasounds just to make sure it is that and not growing. I have one scheduled for next month and I feel that it has shrunk since spring. It is a little scary cause you are almost positive it is scar tissue, but I can't help having that nagging feeling in the back of my mind.
As you use the lotion and/or butter, gently massage the area. It should help break it down. My PS had me do that for a long time. But I know all doctors are different.
Glad to hear you are pleased with your girls. Do you look at them and say, wow, these are mine? I know I still do!!

Nancy