17 hours post op

iVillage Member
17 hours post op
Fri, 11-06-2009 - 8:51am

It hurts to type so I will make this short.

iVillage Member
In reply to: leklund
Fri, 11-06-2009 - 12:06pm

Hi Lisa,
Well sounds like your first 24 hours have not been fun. Hopefully it is all up hill from here. Sorry to hear about your complications. Yeah, that anesthesia is not fun. I got sick also, but it passed by late evening. Sleeping on the back is hard, but you will find a way. Use lots of pillows around you and you can kind of sink into them sideways and that will help. Just take it easy and remember that rest is your friend.

Keep us posted, but don't over do it!!

Nancy

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-20-2009 - 10:26am

for the first day you doing great. congratulation. congratulation feel proud of yourself. keep in touch with me. i plan to in january because i am lung cancer survivor and my breast is to large cause me pain in my back. the best for you

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-24-2009 - 10:43am

Hi Lisa!!
Ok, so it's been a couple weeks now; how do you feel? Are you getting used to your new girls? How is the swelling? It should be settling down day by day and hopefully any pain you had is gone or minimul. Now will start the little zingers that many of us get. It is a quick little twitch or zing of pain, sort of, that comes from the nerves healing up. They only last for a second, but can throw you off for a minute!! Not everyone experiences these. Also as the healing goes along you might notice itching. All normal things, but nothing compared to the years of pain from carrying our beasts around!!
Let us know how you're doing when you get a chance!!

Nancy

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-06-2009 - 11:51pm

Nancy

It is all going well.

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-07-2009 - 10:49am

Hi Lisa,
Glad to hear it is all going well. I have heard of breast cysts, but didn't realize that they popped. Wow, that sounds like it would be a painful/weird feeling. I hope this surgery does help.
Yes I have had 2 mammograms since my surgery. And they were definitly very different now as compared to before. I do think they hurt more as there is not as much there and they really have to stretch you to get it all out there. Before that wasn't a problem!! I always worried they didn't have screen big enough!LOL! The first one, I was afraid my boob would pop and the nipple would fly off from the pressure!! Oh boy, I had my mind all warped about it! I have scar tissue around my one nipple so they take lots of extra pictures of that and I even have had an ultrasound to make sure that is what it is. That was scary, but I knew my body and was sure it was just scarring. Still.... Also my PS sent samples from both breasts to the lab to check for any cells during surgery and they were all clear. Did your PS do that?
I still have numbness on the sides of my breasts and still get some zingers in that area. It has been 2 years. But I love them everyday, and would do it again in a minute!!
STay in touch~

Nancy

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-27-2009 - 3:57pm

I wish you all the best with your up coming surgery!