I would like to have a breast reduction sooooooo badly,

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 11-27-2009 - 9:35pm
You have a great attitude and plan!!
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-01-2009 - 4:03pm
Hi Pamela!
Well you certainly sound ready to take the next step! Losing weight before is a good idea if you can, as some insurance companies require it so they know your boobs aren't just 'fat', ha-ha!! Us with big boobs know better!! I had my surgery 2 years ago and still marvel at my girls, small, perky and just the right size. It has made a huge impact on my life getting rid of them; physically and mentally!!
Stay in touch, ask lots of questions and be informed!! It makes a big difference when you go see the PS for the first time to know what to ask. Lots of wonderful ladies on here with great advice!
Nancy
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-08-2009 - 12:41pm
Thanks for your replies. I really can't wait until I can get this done.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-24-2010 - 1:09am

Pamela, I know this was an older post but I saw that you had had nursing problems and I wanted to offer some suggestions should you find yourself in that position again. Hopefully maybe I can help? I loved nursing all of my children (I have 4).

So with my first one it hurt a lot when I started. I would get a pinching sensation anytime I nursed her. I was at my wits end by week 2 and decided to stop. My DH called a LC for a last ditch effort. The LC noticed I had flat nipples so she gave me a nipple shield. (That's a little plastic "shield" that you put on top of your nipple, the baby then sucks on the shield. It creates a vacuum effect, pulling the flat nipple outward. After about a month I didn't need it anymore.)

Also, I noticed because my breasts were so large I had to hold my breast in my free hand, sort of keeping it pulled back from the kids noses. Most LC's will tell you this is not necessary. However not only did my kids pull away while nursing if I wasn't holding my breast, I noticed my milk seemed to flow slower if I didn't hold my breast. So I would hold it about 1-2 inches back from the areola but also supporting the breast so it wasn't "drooping" in my kids face. It took some coordinating but it worked. For me the football hold worked the best until the babies were about 3-4 months old then I used the cradle hold.

Good luck to you both on the BR and any future kids/nursing endeavors.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photobucket