no lipo on the sides

iVillage Member
no lipo on the sides
Mon, 12-07-2009 - 6:44am
My surgery date was changed last week. My pre-op appt was today, and my surgery is not until the 14th now. A bit irritating since I had to re-arrange everything I had planned; child care, time off from work, etc!
Anyway, my PS did not think I needed lipo on the sides due to the shape/make up of my breasts. He said I had more skin than fat tissue and that they should have a good shape without the lipo. I'm trusting his judgement!
I had my bloodwork done today, and hopefully all will come back normal.
Thank you everyone for your responses to my previous message!

Maryann

Maryann

mommy to Gianna Elizabeth born still 7/2/07 @41 weeks

mommy to Enzo Giovanni born healthy 8/26/08

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-17-2009 - 12:48am
Hi there I see you are going through the military for your BR and I am too. I am with TRIWEST and we are in Alaska. I just had my first consult with PS on Tuesday, and he seems to think that triwest will approve my surgury. I have medical documentation of back pain for the last 5 years, and shoulder grooves. He thinks I can easily get 700 cc removed per side, just wondering what kind of process you had with tricare. We are building my package to send in, well we as in i bring my record to the PS. How long did it take for approval from Tricare once they sent in the info? I just weaned my son so he said we are not in any hurry, so I am just hoping for approval! Would love to be able to run with out 3 layers of support!

Pyzam Family Sticker Toy

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-17-2009 - 5:02am
Hi there!
Isn't life ironic sometimes... we were stationed at Elmendorf AFB, AK before we PCS'd to Guam! I couldn't get approved while we were in AK- only due to the fact that I hadn't yet had any children. I had gone to the back clinics and physical therapy while we were there so I'd have documentation in my record as well.
The process here with Tricare took a while, but it really was fairly easy. I had to wait until I dropped to a certain weight, and had to be 6 months out from the last time I had breastfed. After those markers passed, it was really just keeping a fire under my PCM. The time it took from when my paperwork got sent up for approval was about 10 days. After I got approved, Tricare took care of everything. They set up my consult appt with the PS, and I just had to show up. I started the process in April, got approved through Tricare mid-October, and just had my surgery Dec 14th. My best advice would be to be persistent. Keep making appts with your PCM to be sure he is on the ball with getting all your paperwork in order and submitted correctly!
FYI- I am SO happy with my surgery so far. It has only been 4 days, but the girls are amazing already! My PS said he'd be able to pull the skin enough that I wouldn't need lipo, and it seemed to have worked fine. Despite some swelling, I have small girls, and no more "side boobs"!!!
Good luck with everything!!!!

Maryann

Maryann

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-17-2009 - 9:41am
Hi I am on day 6 post op and feeling a little better everyday, nights are the hardest, and I am still needing Vicodin for pain control at night and prior to shower. Wondering how the pain is for you, I am also happy with things so far, still lots of swelling esp on the sides
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-17-2009 - 9:08pm
Congrats to you on your new girls :) Post op, I think I'm doing really well. I stopped taking the percocet on day 3, and now I'm just taking tylonal every 6 hours. Today is day 5 for me and I'm only feeling sore, but no real pain. I'm a bit swollen underneath each breast and on the sides, as well as a bit bruised. Sorry to hear your still experiencing pain, hopefully it will subside soon! Do you have help with your showers? Take things easy, you'll be able to get up and about soon enough!
Take care, happy healing!

Maryann

Maryann

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-17-2009 - 9:45pm

Had to have help first couple of days. Today much better and I feel

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-18-2009 - 10:26pm
Today I am quite swollen on the sides. Have you been using ice packs or anything to help with your swelling?

Maryann

Maryann

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-19-2009 - 9:10am

Hi, I am on day 8 and still have swelling on sides towards back. Yes I've been using the frozen pea bags

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-21-2009 - 5:26am
Its always comforting to know someone else is feeling what I'm feeling! I haven't yet tried the ice/peas, but I think I may. I want to stop taking the tylonol now, and maybe the ice will help.
My PS didn't recommend any bra at all, it just had to be front closing and sports bra type. I have a few friends who recommended the Enell bra to me, which is what they wore post sx. I have only worn it for one day. It is a compression bra, and did help with the swelling. At the end of the day however, I felt like it was putting pressure on places that weren't comfortable.
I go back on Thursday, I actually don't know if I have any external stitches at all. I have steri-tape over all my incisions, which is what the PS said he'd be removing on Thursday. I only work 15 hours a week due to childcare issues, and luckily I don't have to go back until after the new year. I'm a veterinary technician aka doggie nurse :) and some patients can get physical or need to be restrained- so I'm going to err on the cautious side and not go back until I feel comfortable. My PS said 4 weeks before I can lift my son (22lbs), and resume normal daily activities. I'm not really doing so bad at this point, but I don't want to push things!
Good luck getting your stitches out!!

Maryann

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-08-2010 - 12:32pm

Hi ladies- mind if i join you? I had my surgery dec 15th so Im nearly 4 weeks post op like you as well. How are you feeling? I am back to work today and generally OK i get sore at night though and i still have lots of swelling under my arms on the sides. I hope its swelling anyway... i can feel it when my arms are at my sides and im hoping its not just fat since i opted out of lipo on the sides too.

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-11-2010 - 4:52am

Nice to hear we are just a day apart in our surgeries. So, your only having soreness at night? I am curious b/c I have been very sore/sensitive the last week or so. I have tried changing bras several times (regular sports bras, cotton, lycra, wire free regular bras). There isn't one that seems to make me more comfortable. I went back to week 2 days last week, but I have a 16 month old son at home. I tend to think its the bending and reaching for my son, even though I'm trying to not pick him up- but I'm just not sure. I was back at my PS last week, and he was not concerned with my pain/soreness.

I went from a 38DDD/E and I've been bouncing between a 38B/36C. There are days I'm swollen, and some days not so much. I love my new smaller girls so so much. I haven't tried to wear a button front shirt, but I can only imagine the smile I'll have when I do!!

One more thing- what kind of bra are you using? I'm interested to try anything comfortable! And, which incision did you have? I had the lollipop incision, and the shape of my breasts has been(in my opinion)perfect since day one- curious if I need help with "shaping" as well.

Maryann

proud mom Pictures, Images and Photos

Air Force Wife Pictures, Images and Photos

Maryann

Pages