3 days post op

iVillage Member
3 days post op
Mon, 12-14-2009 - 9:01am

Had my BR 3 days ago, stayed overnight, had drains removed and have been home doing well. I had my most severe pain last night (had cut back to Tylenol Extra strength) so back on pain meds this am. Seeing PS tomorrow and I feel like things are going well. Seems like I have a lot of swelling under arms towards back , but suture lines look good and nipples have painful sensation so I guess thats a good thing. Been reading your boards for weeks and the ideas have all been helpful.

iVillage Member
In reply to: rec1111
Mon, 12-14-2009 - 3:07pm
Well congratulations and welcome to what we like to call Over the Rainbow!! Pot of gold is your new, smaller girls!!
Sounds like you are doing well and right on track. The swelling will take a while to go down. Just be careful of too much usage of your arms. That will cause extra swelling. So anything from lifting your arms, typing, driving, folding laundry, should really be limited the first couple weeks. Be careful and listen to your body. It will tell you when to take it easy!! The second week when I felt I overdid it or swollen, I would put a bag of frozen peas on the areas for a little. It really helped. Ask your PS about this before though. Yes, pain in the nipples is a good sign you have feeling back. I got about 75% of my sensation back; not as much as before but I was glad to have any, as they say you could lose it all. I am still numb in a little area on each side of my breasts and it has been more than 2 years so I guess that is here to stay.
Take it easy and rest. And enjoy the new you!! You'll stand taller and straighter now!! What size did you go from and what did your PS say you will be after swelling?
Keep in touch!!!!
Nancy
iVillage Member
In reply to: rec1111
Thu, 12-17-2009 - 9:49am
On day 6 and a little less swelling every day, incisions look good. I am still having trouble at night, I took 2 vicodin last night and did sleep better. I am still needing pain meds at night and shower time but today seems like it might be a little better. I started at 38 DD pushing DDD and I think I will be a small C. I am getting stitches out next Tue and will ask him how much he removed from each side. I still feel big on sides but I think its mostly swelling. I did nothing yesterday at all but lay on couch, you are right your body tells you if you are overdoing it. Thanks for your input