pregnancy after a breast reduction

iVillage Member
pregnancy after a breast reduction
Fri, 12-25-2009 - 8:28pm
My hubby and I have a 4 year old daughter and it took us 3 years and fertility drugs to have her. I am 35 years old and had a BR in Sept.
My best friend is having her 3rd child in April and I was sort of jealous when she told me she was pg again. I want another child, but there have been so many things preventing this from happening - one major thing is $, but we have made it past that point now. Not that we are rolling in it, but we are more financially stable that before.
Now today, my brother and SIL announced that they are pregnant again and their son just turned 1 year old! Now I am going through all the emotions again.
My question is......how long should I wait to get pregnant after my BR?
My hubby and I are having mixed emotions about the whole thing though.
We like it that our daughter is now old enough that we can do things with her and we like the fact that we are scraping to do things with her like we were in the past.
But at the same time, my hubby works night shift and I felt like a single mom alot. We want our daughter to have a sibling, but we don't have an extra bed room to put another baby in (although we could eventually get another house if we had to. I am just torn in so many directions right now with what to do. Anthing advice from you ladies will be much appriciated!
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-30-2009 - 10:02pm

Hi

Welll I can tell you my niece had 2 children after having surgery and made out fine; she even was able to breast feed both times.

It seems like you maybe you are not really ready for another baby. "The reason I say that is you gave quite a few reasons why it is not good timing. You are blessed with a beautiful little girl. Maybe you are destined to have just one blessing. It is hard though with babies all around. Maybe some other ladies can give some input/advice.

Best of luck to you!

Nancy

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-08-2010 - 12:45pm

i undertsand your feelings completely. I have a 2 and a 1 year old. and about 6 months ago when i started the breast reduction journey i was 100% sure i didnt want a third. Now i am 4 weeks post op and my husband and I are considering a third but i am committed to waiting at least 15 months from now to reacess our feelings before we start trying... i will be AMA by then but if its meant to be then it will be. besides i want to enjoy my new girls for at least a summer!!