BR scheduled 1/14 - then back to school

iVillage Member
BR scheduled 1/14 - then back to school
Thu, 01-07-2010 - 10:55pm
My surgery is scheduled for 1/14. I will be taking college classes this semester and my first day of classes is 1/20. I ordered a rolling backpack to take my books around, and I also am in the process of obtaining a temporary medical parking pass so that I will be able to park right in front of my classes and not have to walk too much between them. Am I being realistic though by returning so soon? Based on my previous experiences with surgeries, I shouldn't need the percocets or anything major by then. I'm sure I will be sore but how hard would it be to keep my hands at the level required to write and maybe type?
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-12-2010 - 11:24am
I can't answer your questions, but wanted to wish you luck for your surgery later this week.

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-12-2010 - 1:07pm
Thanks Amy :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-12-2010 - 9:43pm

Hi!

First off I want to say best of luck tomorrow!!

About getting back to school... I think you are kind of pushing it, but as long as you are careful with everything and remember to get plenty of rest when you can, you should be ok. Very smart to get the rolling back pack, but if it is too heavy, you will still be straining and you using your arms while pushing or pulling. This can cause swelling, pain and even complications. Be careful it isn't too heavy. Lfiting it in and out of your car or whatever can be tricky. My friends daughter went back to college about a week after this surgery and she was very sore for

I keep the telephone of my mind open to peace, harmony, health, love, and abundance. Then, whenever doubt, anxiety, or fear tries to call me, they will keep getting a busy
signal - and soon they’ll forget my number.
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-13-2010 - 9:47am
Thanks Nancy! I guess I'll just have to play it by ear. If neccessary, I'm sure I could get a medical excuse for the beginning of classes. I hope not to do that, but if I'm really sore and exhausted than I will. I'm nervous for tomorrow, but really excited. I woke up this morning thinking "today is the last day that I will wear this giant bra" LOL.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-13-2010 - 10:07am

Being nervous and excited - 2 things we all go through!! And yes, just think, last day for that huge bra! I can't wait to hear how amazed you will feel with the "weight" lifted off your chest. Tomorrow is a new beginning for you and I am excited for you!! Take a couple of before pictures for yourself today. I took a few, without a bra on but with a skinny type tank t shirt on.(didn't want gross naked pics of myself around the house_LOL!)Then I took some, dressed the same 2 weeks after. WOW!! I couldn't believe how much different I looked. I looked skinnier, happier and can I almost say, healthier!! Also your PS probably took before pictures and when I saw them at my 6 month checkup, I actually cried. He said that is a normal reaction.... and he was proud to be a part of my change.
I used to only wear big ugly white minimizer bras. Now every bra I wear has a color to it and I have 6 Victoria Secret bras. My husband doesn't seem to mind the extra expense of these! :)
So good luck tomorrow and can't wait to have you on the Other Side of the Rainbow!!!!

Nancy

I keep the telephone of my mind open to peace, harmony, health, love, and abundance. Then, whenever doubt, anxiety, or fear tries to call me, they will keep getting a busy
signal - and soon they’ll forget my number.