breast reduction question

iVillage Member
breast reduction question
Thu, 01-14-2010 - 2:17pm
Im having breast reduction surgery on Jan 27th.. I am trying to decide on if I want to do the free nipple graft or not.. The surgeon says with the amount of breast reduction I am requesting it will be healthier for my breast nipple to graft it back on. With the other surgery options the breast may not maintain enough tissue to supply the nipple and I risk it dying. Has anyone had the free nipple graft? Did it work? Anyone have complications with it . I need advice quickly as I have to make this decision. I am already thru having kids, and have little sexual sensation in my breasts anywayz.. I would not miss the sensitivity for those reasons. I am a 38 DD almost DDD.. I desire to be a large B or very small C.
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-14-2010 - 8:56pm

Hi!

I had the graft where the PS took the nipple off, made it smaller and then attached it back. I guess he left the nerves, etc., attached while doing this, as I do have some sensation. Not like before but still some. I think they call it the lollipop incision. Thais

I keep the telephone of my mind open to peace, harmony, health, love, and abundance. Then, whenever doubt, anxiety, or fear tries to call me, they will keep getting a busy
signal - and soon they’ll forget my number.
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-14-2010 - 10:43pm
Thanks! Its hard deciding what type of surgery to choose.I can choose to go larger and not do the grafts if I want to. But I really want small perky breasts and to be able to swim, work out... everything I cannot because I am so self conscious of my breasts... I am leaning toward going for the surgery with the free nipple grafting.. As long as they dont die because of being removed and are healthy.. I think I am cool with it.. How long did it take to recooperate to where you actually felt like moving around much?
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-15-2010 - 3:44pm

Hi!
I was up and taking short walks the 3rd day. I tend to get antsy and don't do well sitting still. As long as you don't over use your arms and listen to your body - cause it will tell you when you've done too much. I couldn't go back to my exercise classes until after 4 weeks and then had to wait til after 6 weeks to do free weights. But I was doing leg exercises and walking the 2nd week. Typing, folding laundry, driving a car, drying your hair, can all cause you to swell up and get sore the first few weeks, so you need to be mindful of this. You will feel it. If I would over do it I would sit and put a bag of frozen peas on my chest. That felt good and helped with the swelling. The only bad thing about that was my 2 sons said they would never eat frozen peas again!! Wise cracks... they were happy for me that I had the surgery and understood why I did it, but left the room quickly when the conversation turned to mom's chest!!LOL!!!

I haven't heard in the 2 years on here of anyone having serious problems with their nipples and the grafts after surgery. Moving them and placing them higher makes your breasts looking even perkier. Before, my nipples were facing south...now they are out and about!!

By the 3rd week I was feeling really good and the healing was coming along wonderfully. I was able to massage cocoa butter on and that helped with healing and itching.
Any more questions, let us know!!

Nancy

I keep the telephone of my mind open to peace, harmony, health, love, and abundance. Then, whenever doubt, anxiety, or fear tries to call me, they will keep getting a busy
signal - and soon they’ll forget my number.