Post-op... when do I see the final size?

iVillage Member
Post-op... when do I see the final size?
Fri, 01-15-2010 - 7:03pm

I had my breast reduction yesterday and I am already loving it! I'm a bit swollen but the pain really isn't that bad. I'm more uncomfortable than anything. I think this is less painful than a c-section, or even getting my wisdom teeth out. I'm sure the recovery is longer than it takes for the wisdom teeth, but still... the initial pain doesn't seem to be all that bad. Luckily my husband is taking real good care of me, so I don't have to over exert myself.

I'm just wondering when the swelling typically goes down enough that you can see what your final shape will be. My surgeon took out 350 on one side and 425 on the other side, and thinks I will be a D. I'm just curious though. I'm so antsy to buy some new bras :) My follow up appointment isn't until Monday, then I will get the drains out and the bandages off. I'm kind've scared to see what the scars look like and as of right now, I have no idea where my nipples are LOL.

Anyway, I just wanted to say to anyone who is considering getting this done... do it! I feel so much better already, an instant weight lifted from my shoulders. I am so excited to be able to start running and doing other exercises that I wasn't able to do before because of the girls. Oh and one of the best things - they are so high up now!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-15-2010 - 7:13pm
Thats awesome! I know your really excited.. I have surgery in a little over a week. Did you have the nipple graft, or were you able to keep the nipples attached. I have the options of which one to choose and am nervous about making the best choice for my breast health.. Im glad to hear how well your doing so soon after surgery.. It gives me hope I will be also.. get some rest!
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-15-2010 - 9:40pm
You know, I really have no idea. I'll ask on Monday when I have my follow-up. Good luck go you!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-16-2010 - 9:02pm

WooHoo! Congrats and I am so glad to hear how thrilled you are already! I know just getting the weight off your shoulders is literally wonderful, isn't it? I was told I looked taller right away because I was not leaning forward anymore from all the weight. It was and still is an amazing feeling!

I would give your healing a couple weeks at least to start seeing the true size. Your PS should be able to give you a rough idea of what size you will be. Mine said I would go from a 40DDD to a 38C and he was exactly correct. I had to wear the kind of uglyish bra the first few weeks, 24/7 but the end of the first month, he said I could wear whatever I would like, just not underwire. But hey, I didn't need underwire anymore!!!!!

The swelling will slowly go down, but if you over do it, that will slow up your healing, so be careful. You are lucky to have a great hubby to help. I did too and my sons were great also, they just didn't want to talk about it or hear about mom's boobs.... LOL!

Take care and listen to your body and your PS. If you over do it, you will feel it. A bag or two of frozen peas work great for any swelling or soreness you might get.

Good luck!!!!

Nancy

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone. ~Reba McEntire
I keep the telephone of my mind open to peace, harmony, health, love, and abundance. Then, whenever doubt, anxiety, or fear tries to call me, they will keep getting a busy
signal - and soon they’ll forget my number.