Sex after Breast Reduction

iVillage Member
Sex after Breast Reduction
Fri, 01-29-2010 - 8:31pm

Hello ladies!!!

I am a new member to this website althought I have had my breast reduction just a few years ago. Like most of you I am very happy with the results and it changed my life in so many ways, from starting to wear the clothes I liked to feeling more comfortable in my own body, being able to exercise more, etc...The reason I am writing is because I would like to know what it was for you the first time you had sex

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-02-2010 - 11:21am

Hi!
Can't really help you with the reaction, as I am married. But I know my husband never seemed bothered by the scars. I think alot of it will be your attitude towards yourself and your scars. If you let the guy know how happy you are with your new girls, he might see it as an adventure to share with you!
Good luck and it goes without saying...that a guy that would not like you for your scars, is someone you don't need ~

Nancy

I keep the telephone of my mind open to peace, harmony, health, love, and abundance. Then, whenever doubt, anxiety, or fear tries to call me, they will keep getting a busy
signal - and soon they’ll forget my number.
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-02-2010 - 12:45pm
Thank you, Nancy!!! You are absolutely right, I should embrace the changes, after all, I am so much happier with my new size...thank you for the support!
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-27-2010 - 11:13pm

I had my surgery almost a year ago. I must admit that I was very concerned with how they would look afterward, especially when it came to having sex with someone new. For me, I always felt extremely self conscious before I had the surgery (38H+). When I finally healed and went out, I felt like a million bucks. I was able to walk into a room and feel amazing, and enjoy any looks I got from men. I decided that I have to exhibit the confidence that I finally felt inside...that I had to walk into a room and own it (but it was pretty scary!) That's how I approached the issue of being intimate with someone new. I decided that for once in my life, I felt like I had a body I could be proud of, and damn it, if I like my body, so would the guy I'm with. Confidence can hide many "flaws" in my opinion.

Just be confident, and if you aren't yet, fake it til you make it ;) I have gotten nothing but compliments on my breasts, with clothes and without. And, I can't imagine any guy ever stopping what they're doing or really examining any scars when they're having sex. Good luck and have fun. If I didn't help, feel free to respond and I'll try to answer anything :)

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-28-2010 - 12:35am

Dear Buckeye06,

Thank you so much for your reply! Your warm comments were the best words I could ask for. It felt like talking to a friend, someone who understood me how I felt and was completely sincere. I am so happy with my new body but I know sometimes when we spend too much time looking at our flaws instead of our beauty we become insecure. Anyways, thank you, thank you! I already feel so much better and like you said it is all about confidence and that is something we all have to focus on.

Warm hugs!

Violeta

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-28-2010 - 4:03pm
Hi!
I am so excited for you!! This is the beginning of a journey that will change your life!! I had my surgery 2 1/2 years ago and don't regret a bit of it!!
I will try to answer some of your questions from my experience. Yes, you should be able to go swimming about 4-6 weeks after surgery. Just make sure and check with your PS. It might even be earlier than that for you, depending on how you heal. You will find that exercising and well, alot about life will be easier without those beasts!! I was sooo glad to get rid of all those ugly, white minimizer bras. I only wear pretty colored ones now, many Victoria Secret ones (since I could never fit into them before!) My husband doesn't seem to mind the added cost!!
A vacation in August will not be a problem at all!!! Within a few weeks, you will be feeling great and besides not being able to still lift anything too heavy or work out with weights, you shouldn't have any restrictions by then. By the end of the first week, I was feeling pretty good. You just have to be careful not to overdo it the first few weeks. Be careful how much you use your arms. I started back into my daily walks by the end of the first week. Honestly, I felt taller and thinner and could finally cross my arms UNDER my boobs, instead of across them.
I was a 40DDD and am now a 38C and loving every day with them!!! I will be 52 next week and have the perkiest girls of all my friends. They used to be jealous of my big chest, until it went south, now they are jealous of my firm little chest.! LOL!
Stay in touch and ask lots of questions. I learned so much from these boards before my surgery and after!!
Nancy

If you see someone without a smile....give them yours :)

I keep the telephone of my mind open to peace, harmony, health, love, and abundance. Then, whenever doubt, anxiety, or fear tries to call me, they will keep getting a busy
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-28-2010 - 1:55am
Hello,
I appreciated reading this thread as i have been very stressed out and self conscious when it comes to this..I had the surgery about a year and a half ago, and as great as i feel in clothes the scars are very noticeable to me, and at times have even made me wonder if my scars are exceptionally more noticeable. No one has mentioned the scars to me but i am very uncomfortable and dread the day if anyone were to ever say anything to me about them. I have talked to people close to me about this and of course they always say if someone cares about you the scars won't matter , but i just can't help but think they do matter. Im trying very hard to get over this, and hearing from you has really made me feel a whole lot better, just wanted to say that. Also..does anyone happen to know if there are any procedures that can be done after surgery to reduce scarring .. such as laser removal ?
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-28-2010 - 10:28am

Hi!

I have heard of laser surgery helping with the scars. You might want to check into this if they bother you so much.
I worry why they bother you so much... maybe you can find something good to focus on; a new hobby, volunteering, etc. I found when I turned 50, 2 years ago, I told myself I would let that number empower me, not depress me. I got more involved in my church, in exercise, volunteered to help at my local florist during prom season; all things that enrich my life. Sometimes putting the focus on the positive will help you forget the negatives. Also maybe you can look at your scars as battle scars and be proud of them. If they weren't there, your large breasts would be and you would be miserable and have all those aches and pains, etc., that I know I had when I had my beasts!
I am married so it is probably not as big of a concern for me, but if they are such an issue for you, check into the laser surgery. If you do, let us all know what you learn. I am sure there are other ladies who feel like you.
Keep in touch ~

Nancy

If you see someone without a smile....give them yours :)