iVillage Member
3 Weeks Post Op
Sat, 07-31-2010 - 8:43am

Cassie
iVillage Member
In reply to: rubyruiz
Mon, 08-02-2010 - 2:49pm

Hi!
It is so much to grasp emotionally, especially like me you are an older gal having the surgery. I was 49 at the time of my BR and I had wanted and dreamed of having the surgery for years. When I finally started the search for a PS and all, I was so excited and like you, euphoric, just thinking of how my life would change.
My husband too, was a breast man, but he knew the pain those boobs caused me and he was very supportive (unlike my bras-LOL!) I did have some people wonder why I would have elective surgery. Of course some of them were men and just didnt get it.
For years, amongst our group of friends, I was the girl with the great big boobs, which was great while they were perky, but as they fell, so did my confidence.
To this day, sometimes, I miss that attention and I guess some would see that as a downer part of the surgery. But then again, I remember what they really did to me and my neck and shoulders and lower back and I know I did the right thing.
I miss the really great sensation I had in my nipples before; I still have some sensation and it is ok, but they also are very sensitive and don't like too much attention, if you know what I mean; not like before.
But all in all, this surgery was wonderful and I would highly recommend it and I do, to anyone who has extremely large breasts. I have even had a long conversation with a lady and her friends in the Target dressing room, when I over heard them talking to her about having a BR.
Kind of like an advocate for it.
I wish you luck as you continue to go through the healing process of this surgery.

Stay in touch !~
Nancy :))

I keep the telephone of my mind open to peace, harmony, health, love, and abundance. Then, whenever doubt, anxiety, or fear tries to call me, they will keep getting a busy
signal - and soon they’ll forget my number.
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-02-2010 - 4:09pm

Thanks so much Nancy.

Cassie
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-02-2010 - 4:20pm

Cassie -

LOL! to the breasts between my shoulders!!! One thing that amazed me was when I could cross my arms across my chest and my arms were actually UNDER my breasts and not on top of them!!

It can be the small things that excite us - Ha Ha!!

Glad to hear you are feeling better!!

I keep the telephone of my mind open to peace, harmony, health, love, and abundance. Then, whenever doubt, anxiety, or fear tries to call me, they will keep getting a busy
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-02-2010 - 5:03pm
Yes, I think there will be many small and wondrous joys I yet to experience in the days to come.
Cassie
Cassie
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-17-2010 - 11:24am

Hi Cassie!

It's been a couple weeks since your last post and I am wondering how it is going for you? You should be healing really well by now and hopefully, feeling pretty normal, in a new and good way!!

Just checking in ~

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-17-2010 - 5:10pm

Thanks for checking in with me.

Cassie
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-18-2010 - 10:36am

Hi Cassie!

Glad to hear you are doing well. It is exciting to get some new clothes and like you said have the old ones finally fit nicely. The belly is still a problem for me and probably always will be. Oh well.

Now that you can massage your breasts, make sure and do this if you have any lumpy type areas, which is probably scar tissue forming. I have some that is around my one nipple and have had mammos and ultrasounds on it to make sure it is only scar tissue. When I was doing my massaging, I used the thick cocoa butter with vitamin e. It is kind of gloppy, but if you rub it between your hands, it softens and warms up. It seemed to really soften the areas. My scars look really good (for scars..) and I really think that helped a lot. I still, 3 years later, every night rub some kind of lotion on before bed.

Sorry you are still oozing a bit. That can be annoying. Be careful you aren't overdoing it still. Soft, light weight cotton t shirt under your bra can also help with absorbing any of that if gets too annoying. Looks kind of funny, but feels good and keeps your bra clean.

Hope you enjoy celebratory road trip!!