um......

iVillage Member
um......
Fri, 08-13-2010 - 5:05pm

Ok I am not happy right now. I got a call from the hospital I am suppose to have the surgery at. They are charging....are us sitting down? 30 thousand dollars to my insurance so I have to pay 3 grand outta pocket for that, then my docs fee and then the sleepy doc. (sorry cant think how to spell the technical term right now. LOL...)I am hoping this doesnt put a wrench in my plans cuz hubby is not going for that! I just wanna scream! I knew this was too good to be true!!! Please tell me everything will work out and I will still have the surgery on the 30th. Ok rant over. Thanks for listening!!

Jackie

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: jackie1118
Sat, 08-14-2010 - 10:15am
Wow. I know mine was going to be at a surgical center and if I had to pay out of pocket it was 10K and that included overnite stay (I'm in the midwest). Of course I was running it thru my insurance and if they approved it, it would only cost me 10% out of pocket. (1st I was approved, then denied due to a exclusion by my employer's policy... now awaiting the appeals results). You might want to talk to your PS and see if going to a surgical center is an option. I am sure hospitals charge more then surgical center...
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-14-2010 - 6:33pm

That really doesn't sound right...my hospital bill was $6,800.00 so I had to pay $680.00 out of pocket.

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-14-2010 - 8:19pm
thanks guys for the info. That sure didnt sit well with my hubby. i am hoping they meant 3000. i am an out patient so thought that would lessen the bill. i just hope this gets figured out on monday cuz tuesday is my pre-op appointment. grrrrr! lol....
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-16-2010 - 4:02pm
Yikes, that would put a big wrench in the works for sure.

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-16-2010 - 4:22pm
yeah the hospital said they charge 30,000 and there is a 60% discount and then I pay 15% after that plus I have a $300 deductible. it could be more or less. unfortunately my doc doesnt do it in a surgical center. i really dont feel like finding a new doc. i have been waiting for this for years. its just my husband is a worry wort and doesnt want to charge it which I completely understand but I am not doing this for fun ya know. I am sure he will come around. I plan on working extra hours to help pay for it. i just wish i didnt need this. i feel selfish but i know i am doing it for health reasons. thanks for listening. its just very frustrating!
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-17-2010 - 12:54am

Oh Jackie, I'm so sorry you're having all this stress now with the bill and school starting soon and all.

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-17-2010 - 10:56am

Wow, Jackie, that is really crazy to think you will be charged so much. I had my surgery in a surgery center and went home about 2 hours after. I do not know what the insurance company was charged, but I know my only cost was a $30 copay. Of course, I feel extremely lucky and grateful for that! But I do agree with you, that you really can't put a cost on this. It truly can be a life saving surgery for so many reasons!!

I hope you make out ok and I think today is your pre-op appointment. Let us know how that goes!

Nancy :))

I keep the telephone of my mind open to peace, harmony, health, love, and abundance. Then, whenever doubt, anxiety, or fear tries to call me, they will keep getting a busy
signal - and soon they’ll forget my number.
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-18-2010 - 11:18am

Hey ladies,

well after some hemming and hawing from the hubby he finally came around and said go for it. i was so happy. i kinda knew he would but didnt want to get my hopes up ya know. so i am still on for the 30th!! YAY!!! my pre-op was only filling out papers and talking to the anestheseologist (sp). my doc didnt order any blood work. the nurse was like really. i said yup and she was like well your young. i was like ok. i can make payment plans with the doc and insurance so it shouldnt feel like such a big hit. so in 12 days i will be a new woman!!!!!

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-18-2010 - 11:39am

WAHOO for you Jackie!!

Keep that excitement up! And your husband is a good guy for agreeing to this and he will also benefit from the surgery, as you will be so much happier and feel so good about yourself. My hubby now says, more than a handful is a waste!! LOL!!

Nancy :))

I keep the telephone of my mind open to peace, harmony, health, love, and abundance. Then, whenever doubt, anxiety, or fear tries to call me, they will keep getting a busy
signal - and soon they’ll forget my number.
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-19-2010 - 12:07am
Way to go Jackie!

Pages