update!

iVillage Member
update!
Wed, 09-01-2010 - 3:19pm

well im 3 days out and starting to feel somewhat back to normal. i was so nervous going in but got through it. it took 2 1/2 hrs. i stayed over night. i was so happy to be home. i have some pain but not too bad. i am so itchy, its really annoying. so glad i did it and they look great. cant wait to get the stitches out on tuesday. i had drains and i asked my doc if it will hurt and he said no but he lied. LOL... it hurt but only for a few seconds thank god. more of a burning sensation. well thats it. its over and now i can heal and enjoy the rest of my life pain free. i will still come on here to answer any questions the newcomers have now that i have been through it. thanks for all the info and questions to my answers. you guys are great.

jackie

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: jackie1118
Wed, 09-01-2010 - 4:30pm

Wahoo, Jackie!!

So glad to hear from you and that you are doing well. Yes, please stay in touch and update as you go through the healing process. Knowing how that goes can be very helpful to newbies to the board.
Yeah, the drains hurt coming out, but they are out, so that is good. Also glad to hear you are not having much pain. The itching though, will continue on and off as you heal. Might feel better once the stitches come out. Did you get to take a shower yet? That helps also.

Just remember to listen to your body, cause it will def tell you when you over do it.
Glad to hear you are already saying they look great; just wait as they heal and take their natural shape. You will marvel in them the rest of your life, which will be better from now on!!! Do you notice a difference already in your neck/back pain and standing straighter?

Keep in touch !

Nancy :))

I keep the telephone of my mind open to peace, harmony, health, love, and abundance. Then, whenever doubt, anxiety, or fear tries to call me, they will keep getting a busy
signal - and soon they’ll forget my number.
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-02-2010 - 12:04am

Good for you and congrats!

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-02-2010 - 2:51pm
Jackie, that's great!

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-02-2010 - 6:20pm
I am feeling pretty good. didnt need any pain meds except for some tylonol. i think i have been doing too much and underneath hurts. i am so freaking itchy though. so annoying. i got a peek at them when the drains came out. even though they were all taped up they looked cute. i am still in shock that this actually happened. i am so looking forward to tuesday when they take the stitches out. thanks ladies for all the well wishes. i hope all the girls that had this recently are doing well and good luck to the upcoming surgeries. i am actually trying to get my sister to do it. she has the same problems. but she is scared. maybe my great experience will help her out. thanks again!!
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-02-2010 - 10:11pm
I made sure to take some Motrin before I had my stitches out and am really glad I did. It didn't hurt but they sure were kind of sore after. I am glad you are doing great :)
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-03-2010 - 9:12am
Having the stitches out should relieve some of the itching.

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-03-2010 - 1:38pm

Hi Jackie,

Some of that itching should go away when you get the stitches out. And yup, sounds like maybe you are overdoing it a bit if you are sore underneath. But it is really hard to not overdo, especially as you start feeling good, and just so darn happy that you don't have that extra weight to carry around. Ask your PS about gently rubbing cocoa butter or something on the suture areas once the stitches are out. That will definitely help!!! It will also help the healing and the scarring.

Have a wonderful weekend and post, when you get a chance and see those new girls fully on Tuesday!!! Have your sister join on here and read all the good stuff about the surgery!!! You sound like you will be a perfect example for her!!!

I keep the telephone of my mind open to peace, harmony, health, love, and abundance. Then, whenever doubt, anxiety, or fear tries to call me, they will keep getting a busy
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-06-2010 - 4:42pm

hey there,

i am now 8 days post op and thank god the itching has subsided a bit. i really, really, really need a shower!! LOL... i really overdid it yesterday. went to a bbq at the inlaws and i had a bad night. ugh! i dont feel pain just soreness still underneath. 215 tomorrow cannot come fast enough! LOL.. thanks for the cream suggestion. i will ask my doc. i hope i can talk my sister into it. her life would be so mush easier. we shall see. i sat in the tub and shaved my legs. omg that felt good. i hate that i cant lift my arms. its driving me bonkers. i am trying to help out around the house but i get too tired and have to go lay down. i know this was major surgery but i am not used to sitting around not doing anything. my husband has been awesome through this whole thing. thank god for him. i owe him one! = )

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-09-2010 - 3:09pm

Hi Jackie!

Funny how your body says, whoa, slow down!! Hopefully you feel better from your busy weekend! I went to a wedding 2 1/2 weeks after surgery. Felt really good, danced, etc. and boy did I pay the next couple of days!!!
So how do you feel now that you can shower, etc? I am sure, pretty darn good! Did it hurt getting the stitches out? Did you have stitches around your nipples? I know I was scared they would fall off after he took them out!!!

Stay in touch!!

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-11-2010 - 10:32pm

Hi Jackie,

I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better.

Pages