My Update

iVillage Member
My Update
Mon, 05-12-2003 - 1:00pm
It's been a long time since I have been here. A lot has happened. First, I had to put a new tranmission in my car, wahoo! This means I have spent $3000 on my car in the last two years. The only two orginal parts to my car are radiator (sp??) and the acutally engine.

I was doing yearly payment plans put they just seemed little such small bady steps. so, now I'm doing monthly payment plans. Which mean at the end of every month, I sit down with my finances and make up a payment plan for the coming month. This way I feel like I'm doing something. Also, I pay all cards minumin except the 'target' card', which gets what is every left of the lotted $250 I use for debt payment plans. Also, I took all my money except of the min. amount out of my saving account it was only earning 1.35%. I figure it was better off going to be high interest rate debt.

This is my update for now. I'll try to check in more often, but life doesn't seem to be slowing down at all, actually looks like I might be able to breathe around Septemeber. LOL.

Jenny

"Love knows hidden paths."~~German Proverb

Jenny

iVillage Member
In reply to: cowboy4me
Mon, 05-12-2003 - 1:23pm
Jenny,

Sounds like you have everything planned out. I think it's a good idea about not having too much money in saving. Interest is so low. Makes more sense to me to put into higher interest ccs.

Hope to hear more from you.

MYM