Money IS the Root of all Evil.

iVillage Member
Money IS the Root of all Evil.
Sun, 04-13-2008 - 12:06pm
A blessed day to everyone here. I'm been reading through the message boards, I don't know for a solution, an inspiration, I don't know what I am looking for at this point. Our home goes on public auction April 28, 2008. The last few months of my life have been a nightmare. All the collection agencies calling, wanting to know how I am going to resolve this debt. I have been through giving birth and it wasn't as painful as what I am going through now. I am selling everything in our home to try and save it. We are hoping that it isn't all in vane. Looking around here, I have found some information that will be helpful to me in the future. If it isn't too late already.

I am considered by my family to be the main "solution finder" and the "go to person". My husband is the bread winner and I am our "house accountant". Well, guess the bread didn't break into as many pieces as we needed. The thing is, we aren't extravagant spenders, we are just simple folk.

The truth is about 4 years ago, we were both working at great jobs and were fortunate enough to buy a home. Then all of a sudden, I'm unemployed and haven't been able to find a job that pays as well. My interest started soaring, (advice tip, NEVER buy a house with an adjustable rate. If you can't get one wait until you can.) Trust me on this one. We've had to let everything go, our health insurance, I don't have cable TV, I have an antennae, I turn my hot water heater off during the off hours to keep electric bill down. Fortunately, we have well water. And I buy food from Angel Food Ministries. (Thank God for them.) I've cut back in so many ways. The worst part is my children have had to go live with my parents, because I don't want them to have to experience this, nor do I have the finances to take care of them properly.

Gas prices are never going to come back down. Our credit was so bad, we had to get a vehicle through a buy here pay here place @ $100 a week. It will be repossessed any day now. Then I don't know how my husband will get to work. I feel like the whole world has come crashing down on me. I know my husband feels the same, but, he is a quiet man and keeps most of his feelings to himself. We are in the process of an open house sale, trying to raise enough money to either save our home, or have enough to try and start over on.

I have even resorted to cyberbegging. I know that it's sad and pathetic and for me a major kick to my pride. If my husband knew, I don't know what he would do. He is a proud southern man, that doesn't believe in asking people for help. He's just a "good ol southern boy". He believes in working hard and taking care of his family. So, I know that even though he hasn't said anything, he is hurting probably more than I am. I know he fells like he has let me down. He hasn't let me down.

I know that God's plan is what it is. Sorry for the long drawn out, probably boring for you B**** session. I guess I just needed to vent. But, I do know how anyone in debt feels, whether it is a credit card, medical bills or foreclosure. It is all painful. This must be karma for me, as I was employed as a debt collector at one time. This was not the great job I had. It was the crappy one that I had that came immediately afterwards.

Anyway, thanks for listening. And I hope maybe I had a few tips for you. Time for my open house sale. Please don't send me hate messages about the cyberbegging. I already feel lower than low, trust me, when you are losing your home you will resort to anything. You would have to put yourself in my shoes. God Bless
Karmascandles.com http://www.mywishnet.com/profiles/havefaith http://pleasehelpme-havefaith.blogspot.com
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-13-2008 - 2:02pm

Start tomorrow there is new things happening in the housing market I would call around and see if you can't refinance your house it may not be to late before it is sold . There is some Fanny Mae out there to help

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-13-2008 - 3:08pm

I'm sorry to hear of your situation and send positive vibes to you that you will be able to save your home.

Actually, it is the LOVE of money that is the root of all evil, not

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-13-2008 - 5:49pm
Immediately make an appointment with a bankruptcy lawyer -- you can stop the auction and buy some time -- find out the alternatives. Do it tomorrow. You don't have time to try to save the house unless you talk to a BK attorney. The first consulation is free. Call several and get an appointment. That is how you can help yourself.
Go to the companion message board on ivillage: debt questions and answers. Post a question to "Carolyn" she will give you great advice. Your kind of problem is what BK is for.
Megan
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-16-2008 - 8:57pm
We went through Chapter 7 last year. House wasn't included. So Bk is not the way for us to go. I appreciate the help though. My indoor house sale hasn't gone too well. Never know what the weather is going to be these days. I am at my wits ends. I'm down to just prayer now that a miracle will happen.
God Bless
Karmascandles.com http://www.mywishnet.com/profiles/havefaith http://pleasehelpme-havefaith.blogspot.com