re-intro....need moral support

iVillage Member
re-intro....need moral support
Sat, 06-07-2008 - 11:50am

Hello everyone, I posted a few months ago about our debt situation...my DH and I have been STRUGGLING to bring down our huge CC debt (60,000) and also car payment debt. We've cut every conceivable corner and put it towards the debt but it has not really helped. We have only used our credit card once in the past 3 months or so (got locked out of car in the middle of nowhere), had to call a locksmith. We are not behind on our payments but pretty close. And my husband is facing a possible layoff at work.

We are meeting with a bk attorney for a consultation on Monday. I'm scared to death and so depressed. Not just about the meeting but about the whole situation. Please, someone tell me...who has been thru bankruptcy...it as horrible as it sounds? Will it EVER get better? I feel so helpless and hopeless right now. We have a little girl who is 3 years old and we just want to keep our apartment and food on our table, and a car to get us both to work. It is hard to keep the tears away from my child. She knows something is not right. My husband and I are so stressed out it is affecting our mental, physical, and spiritual health.

Thanks for listening...I know there are people far worse off, but I

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-07-2008 - 12:40pm

Hi, Laura.

I just wanted to send you a big {{{HUG}}} and tell you to hang in there.

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-10-2008 - 9:33am

Hi Laura,
I haven't been through bankruptcy, but I have felt helpless and hopeless and so I wanted to offer you encouragement. I have two kids, and when I think about letting them down due to my financial mistakes it tears me apart inside. Just keep doing the best you can with what you have. . . one day at a time. You will get through this!

Keep a positive attitude, and focus on a brighter future!
Anne

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-11-2008 - 6:37pm

Hi Laura - Welcome to the board.

How did your meeting go?

All my best,
Danni