intro: hey girls!!

iVillage Member
intro: hey girls!!
Thu, 06-12-2008 - 1:20am

hey girls!

i just kinda came upon this support group tonight and been reading some posts- i feel like this is a place that is very welcoming and inspiring so I wanted to join :)

I am a 22 single f. college student. i have approx. $22K in debt (including delinquent cc's, unpaid hospital bills, and student loans). I have been struggling with depression for years, but nowadays I feel like my debt is controlling my everyday life. I can never do the things I want because I cant afford it- I have been out of school for a yr and only have 2 classes left towards a bs in mkt, but my father is no longer paying for school and no matter how much i work, i just cant afford to pay for them- let alone art school after that.

I recently learned that Im being sued for an unpaid credit card and so Ive just lost hope. I know that this group has members who have fought their way through more debt that I have.

I guess I just look at the support group as a group of friends who finally understand what I am going through. That gives me a little relief :)

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-12-2008 - 7:35am

Welcome to the board!

Would having that BS in Marketing change your current circumstances - lead to a better job, etc.?

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-12-2008 - 9:58am

Welcome to the board

The first thing you should do is get all your bills together and make a list if you haven't done that already and see where you stand.

Good Luck

Mary Ann

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-12-2008 - 4:53pm

Hello and welcome to the board.

All my best,
Danni

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-14-2008 - 2:41am

thanks so much for the warm welcome!!

i have made a rough list of all my expenses and basically i need a better job now in order to get on the right track to paying them off.

i know i only have