New here

iVillage Member
New here
Sun, 06-15-2008 - 6:43pm

Hello everyone,

This is my first time posting on this board, and I wanted to introduce myself. I'm a 26 year old, living with my bf who is 28. We have been making more money than before with help of better jobs/first raises, and have realized that we need to make a budget and be able to afford the things that we want soon, in order to do that we will need to pay off my credit card debt. Some of the debt was for emergencies, college, and some was for the long distance relationship that we maintained for 7 years. We sat down yesterday and wrote up our income, bills, and checked where our money was going.

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-16-2008 - 12:33am

Welcome to the board and you got yourself some good books there.

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-16-2008 - 1:25am

Welcome. I have paid off my CCS by being in this support group. Without the group I would have continued paying the minimums and hoarding my cash for NEW purchases. By being in an atmosphere of paying back debt by paying my debtors as much as I possibly could, I lost my appetite for making new purchases.

By making the much talked about list of debts and tracking payments against it, I began to focus on REDUCING debt load. No one likes to see the bottom line and further, you want it to disappear as fast as possible.

You start looking for new and clever ways to come up with additional payments. You start making payments through out the month rather than waiting for you bill to arrive in the mail. You start posting your progress in the weekly Snow Flaking blog. You start posting in the 'Check In' section on Mondays.

I wish you great success.

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-16-2008 - 10:21am

Thanks for posting your intro.

All my best,
Danni